Panzer Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Identification

Please help me to decoding the marking and unit of this Panzer. Photo taken in may 1940 during battle of France. I beleve this Panzer is from Panzer-Rgt 15. can you give me confirmation and more info.

URL=http://img842.imageshack.us/i/copiededaa2.jpg/]

The tank in the picture should be a Panzer II Ausf. B

Jens

Comment

The white circle was the divisional symbol of the 15th Infantry Division. Maybe this panzer was attached to this division? If the panzer is from Pz Rgt 15, and this photo is most likely taken during the French Campaign, then this symbol does not match with the 5th panzer, its parent formation.

Comment

Thanks a lot gentlemen.

Comment

Christof, I have only seen a circle like that on the turret of a German tank in two places, 2 Panzer Division used the circle with a symbol within it during the invasion of Greece and 10 Panzer Division had it on some turrets in Tunisia. So neither of those solves your problem but it iseems safe to me that it is not 15 Infanterie Division. try asking on the thread below, if you're not registered there I'll ask for you if you like. Alan

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=81014

Comment

thanks a lot and of course I'm registred on axis !

Comment

Originally posted by christof View Post
              Please help me to decoding the marking and unit of this Panzer. Photo taken in may 1940 during battle of France. I beleve this Panzer is from Panzer-Rgt 15. can you give me confirmation and more info.

URL=http://img842.imageshack.us/i/copiededaa2.jpg/]
              Christof,

The tank is a SdKfz.121 Panzer II ausf.A/B/C. If the photo was taken in May 1940 during Fall Gelb it most certainly belonged to either Pz.Rgt.3 or Pz.Rgt.4, 2.Panzer-Division (my guess would be Pz.Rgt.3).

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
                Christof, I have only seen a circle like that on the turret of a German tank in two places, 2 Panzer Division used the circle with a symbol within it during the invasion of Greece.....

The circle insignia was definitely used by Pz.Rgt.3 during the invasion of France and the western countries in May 1940.....

Rob

Comment

Thanks a lot dear Rob !

Comment

For an article, I'm looking for a photo of a Panzer from Panzer-Rgt. 15 during battle of France. Is a member of the WAF can send me a nice scan of a photo ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X