Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info wanted: Helmut Fritz

Hello all,

While rooting through one of 'my' photograph albums, I gathered some information on the original owner. Although it is not much, I hope it is sufficient to find out more about him:

Name: Helmut Fritz
    Date of birth: unknown, but was born in 1922 in Wiesbaden
    Service: Entered the Army as a recruit in '42, saw active duty in Russia
    - His unit was trapped in a cauldron for 4 weeks in December 42 near the Obscha river. Then relocated to Arlon, Belgium. Stationed here from Late September '43 to Sept' 44, followed the Genesungskomp. Unterführer-Lehrgang course there. Have tried researching possible units, but came up empty-handed.

- Awards: EKII, BWB and IAB in silver.

That's all I know about him, apart from some small details of his post-war life.

I appreciate your help to reunite this album with it's history. Thank you for helping me put some historic facts behind this face:
    Attached Files

Other fact that might help me search: ther's a few photo's of a downed StuKa Ju-87-B in there, with the tactical markings T6+EK. Thus, it belonged to Slachtgeschwader II.

Best,
    Vincent S.

Comment

He was involved it seems in the fighting around Belyi on the Obsha river during operation Mars.

Possibly belonged to the 246 ID which was the major infantry division in that Kessel and which had it's home wehrkreis as XII which would fit in with his place of birth
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Now I have something to work with.
        Also, I now know - after studying all the photographs in the album - that he was once attatched to an Mg-Batl. However, I could not entirely decypher the embroidered numerals on his shoulder boards, looks to be 13 or 33.

Thanks again, will post some pictures of the album when time permits.

Vincent S.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X