Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger 1's of 316. Pz.Kp. (Fkl) question

Hi,
    Regarding the three Tiger I tanks of this Panzer Kompanie.
    I read in "Normandy 1944" that these three Tiger I's where present with 316. Pz.Kp. (Fkl) in Normandy while attached to Pz.Rgt. 130 ... and possibly seeing action as soon as June 9 1944, with II./Pz.Rgt. 130.

While chatting with someone on another forum ... he mentioned new information that these Tiger I's did not go to Normandy, but instead were replaced with StuGIII's.
    Is this information correct?

Thanks for any help with this.

David

According to Funklenkpanzer by Marcus Laugitz (ISBN 0-921991-58-4) and taken from a request from Pz Lehr:

"..Since the delivery of operational Tiger II's is unlikely at present, the division has - as a temporary measure - assigned 9 assault guns to the remote-control company from the 3./Pz.Jag.-Lehr-Abt 130 to supplement it's 3 Tiger I's. Company is therefore deemed conditionally operational.

Request your approval.
    Panzer-Lehr-Division Operations
    No. 1436/44 geheim, 19 May 1944
    "

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      According to Funklenkpanzer by Marcus Laugitz (ISBN 0-921991-58-4) and taken from a request from Pz Lehr:

"..Since the delivery of operational Tiger II's is unlikely at present, the division has - as a temporary measure - assigned 9 assault guns to the remote-control company from the 3./Pz.Jag.-Lehr-Abt 130 to supplement it's 3 Tiger I's. Company is therefore deemed conditionally operational.

Request your approval.
      Panzer-Lehr-Division Operations
      No. 1436/44 geheim, 19 May 1944
      "
      Excellent information ... thanks for posting it.
      Last edited by david_s; 04-10-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X