Sturm-Regiment Panzer-AOK 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturm-Regiment Panzer-AOK 1

Can anyone shed some light on this unit?
    What is it? what did they do? and where?
    I bought a big pile of documents resently, mostly from familie´s in Wien.
    And with it was a letter of a Kompanie führer to the wife of a Gefreiter in the 3. Kompanie that he was missing after combat actions near Lemberg.
    I hope i find some more of him in the pile...

He is listed on volksbund as missing as well, so he didn´t make it back home
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Hello Rick,

"...and where?"

There are some missing soldiers listed for this Regt
    Regt Stab (FPNr 24404)
    I Btl (FPNr 23820)
    II Btl (FPNr 29635)
    13 Komp (FPNr 25181)
    14 Komp (FPNr 30160)
    If you could find the Vermisstenbildlisten band BA and CF, there those missing (14 pages of them!) are listed with places of "last letter written".

If we go through Kannapin, the Regt Stab with FPNr 24404 appeared in the FPÜ as of 5.7.1944 as the Stab for Feldersatz Regt Pz.AOK 1.
    On 30.08.1944 this Stab changed its name in Rgts.Stab Sturm-Rgt.Pz.AOK 1.

The I Btl (23820) appeared in the FPÜ 28.1.1944 as Stab u.1.-4.Kp.Sturm-Btl.Pz.AOK 1 and became on 30.8.1944 the I Btl of the Sturm Rgt.

The II Btl (29635) appeared in the FPÜ 5.7.1944 as Stab II u.6.-10.Kp.Felders.Rgt.AOK1 and became on 30.8.1944 Stab II u.5.-8.Kp.Sturm Rgt.Pz.AOK 1.

13. (and 14.) Komp (FPNr 25181-30160) as of 5.7.1944 13.Kp. (and 14.)Feldersatz Regt Pz.AOK 1

Hope this little Info might be helpfull.

Peter

Comment

Yes thank you!
      I actualy found one more thing of him in the paper pile... his last feldpost letter written home, he wrote it 2 days before he went missing!
      Unfortunately i can´t read the handwriting..

Both the letter written by the Kompanieführer and his last letter home got the fieldpotnummer 23820 D.
      So that would make it first bataillon, 3. Kompanie.

The Vermisstenbildlisten got pictures of the missing soldiers in it, right?
      I hope he is in it, because i got a big pile of photo´s and he could be on some.
      Where can i find those Vermisstenbildlisten, band BA and CF? Google isn´t really helping..
      Last edited by Admiraal; 04-03-2010, 03:59 AM.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Hi again,

"The Vermisstenbildlisten got pictures of the missing soldiers in it, right?
        I hope he is in it, because i got a big pile of photo´s and he could be on some.
        Where can i find those Vermisstenbildlisten, band BA and CF? Google isn´t really helping.. "

Yes they contain pictures.
        The biggest chance to obtain a picture out of these books is to start a thread/ask for it here on the forum.
        I only have the W-SS, POW and Fallschirmjäger books.
        Other option: http://www.vksvg.eu/vermisstendatenbank/index.html

Peter

Comment

Thanks.
          For anyone that is interrested, i´ll post pictures of the letters later today.
          Gerdan from this forum allready translated the letter i couldn´t read

Comment

Almost forgot..
            Here are the pictures, first the letter from the Kompanieführer to his mother.
            Here a quick rough translation.. my German and English aint the best.. sorry!

Dear Miss Kuba!

It is my duty, to let you know, that your son Egon got MIA on 16.7.1944 at
            the heavy defence fights south-east of Lemberg.
            All the investigation inquiries by the Kompanie are without results.

On 16.7.1944 the enemy started a big offensive and the Kompanie had to change
            its positions further back because of the danger of encirclement.
            Because the investigations about the location of your son are not finished yet,
            there is still a chance that your son is in a Lazaret or that he got taken prisonner.

As soon as something about your son is known in the Kompanie, we let you know.
            If you hear something from or about your son in the meantime, please let the Kompanie
            know with a message.

In the hope that this will have a happy ending, i give you the best regards/greetings.

Yours
            Walther
            Leutnant.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Admiraal; 04-04-2010, 07:51 AM.

Comment

And now the last letter written by Egon, 2 days before he went MIA.
              Translated by Gerdan:

Liebe Gerda,
              das Schicksal hat heute den Tag bestimmt an dem ich heute in den Einsatz gehe.
              Mach Dir keine Sorgen um mich, Dein Stern wird weiter mein Behüter sein.
              Bleibe Gesund und schreibe mir bald.
              Es grüßt Dich mit vielen Küssen, Dein Egon
              Grüße Elter von mir.

English:

Dear Gerda,
              today the fate made the decision that today i will have my (first) sortie.
              Don't be worried about me, your star will continue to be my guardian.
              Keep well and write soon.
              Regards and a lot of kisses, Your Egon

Give my regards to (the) parents.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X