Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Hi
    Heres a pictures of the uniform to Ewald Kluser , 2stk .. over the u in Kluser
    He fight btw in batle of Bulge in 12 infanteri (volksgrenadier)divisjon.
    10.february 1945 he get the Knight Cross while serving as Comander of company 2,engineer battalion 12,12 volksgrenadier div.
    Opposing the allied advance across the Roer.

To bad i not have the Knight Cross,another waf member in Belgium i think has it,it was an KQ cross.
    The medal on the tunic is orginal to the owner ,but not the German cross it was stolen on a show in US,but it was maker 20 ,and i replaced it with a cross from same maker.

Best regards

Turbo
    Attached Files

Comment

1 picthure of him
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Martin View Post
        Why would a man in a pioneer btl. win the EKI/EKII?

What would he had to have done to get awarded this? I thought pioneers were engineers, so why would a man be awarded the EKI?

Many Thanks, Swayne

We do a lot more than build bridges

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
        Lt.

Combat Engineers go in before the infantry to clear minefields and obstacles to make it easier for the "Queen of Battle" to enter. They build the bridges, they destroy the bridges preventing the enemy from advancing. If any branch deserves awards for bravery under fire, they are the Combat Engineers! This coming from an artilleryman.

(combat engineer for 6 years)

As Simon has pointed out, there were many different types of Pioniers, many of whom saw just as much combat, it not more, than the regular Infanterie soldiers. Matter of fact, I see quite a few Pionere Soldbücher with EKI and CCC awards, etc.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Ypenburg View Post
          They were Fallschirm-pioniere, so both Pionier and Fallschirmjäger at the same time
          I am aware of that.

Let me phrase my point more precisely -- the groups attacking the objectives around EE contained non-FJ personnel. Besides the obvious glider folk some of this non-FJ personnel came from the Pioniere and were demolitions experts. There are at least two known cases. One in Sturmgruppe Beton and the other most likely belonged to Sturmgruppe Stahl. They were awarded the EK I and EK II.

Comment

Wow - fantastic uniform grouping turbo!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
              Wow - fantastic uniform grouping turbo!
              Hi Scott thanks
              Take serch on name and you will find much more nice picthure from the former owner

Best regard
              Turbo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X