Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pow camp commandant?

Hi,
    Does anybody know anything conserning a pow camp commandant.
    the story:
    A old guys father was captured at Dieppe [A commando] and he and his men were taken to a pow camp ran by a old Navel Guy[rank unknown] this naval guy refused to carry out Hitlers orders and kill the commando's so he had them chained together and kept out of sight,anyway the yanks libberated the camp and the guys father went to see the old navel commandant,the commandant surrenderd his dagger to the commando who withdrew it from it's scabbard and stabbed the commandant to death,he kept the dagger but it has since disappeared. he has since died never regretting his actions .do's any body know who the commandant could have been,are there any lists of commandants etc
    Thanks Merdock

Hi Merdock, interesting story. To my knowledge there are no lists of POW Camp commanders.

You should be able to trace where POW's taken at Dieppe were sent?
    "OP Jubilee" is pretty well covered in articles and books and you should be able to findout a fair bit from the 'net. (My pet subject is Arnhem and this kind of info is known about that) There will be more than one camp I suspect? Being a KM Officer the camp must have been ran by the Navy. This should help narrow your search.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Ade, Merdock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X