Help with a name and unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a name and unit

Hi Guys, I have an infantry Alter Art cap with a name tag and I can't seem to figure it out. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Matt

Here we go guys. Any Help would be great.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

7. Kp. II / XIII, so he could mean 7th Comp. 2nd Batl./13th Rgt. or 7th Comp. 2nd Rgt./13 Div.
        The name of this Leutnant I have to think about.

Comment

The clue here is in the use of Roman numerals, it indicates the Wehrkreis the unit belongs to.

As it's an infantry cap we can identify the unit as 7 Kompanie Landesschützen Bataillon II/XIII. Formed during the mobilization in August 1939. In March 1940 it became II./Infanterie Regt.641 which in turn became Wach Bataillon 720 in Nov.1940 and again changed to Nachschub Btl.720 in 1943.

the unit served on occupation duties in Poland 39\40. Then transferred to the West also on occupation duties. At the time of the invasion of the Soviet Union it was with the 9 Armee and by 1943 with Heeresgruppe Süd.

the unit's duties were basically guarding POWs and locations.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            The clue here is in the use of Roman numerals, it indicates the Wehrkreis the unit belongs to.

As it's an infantry cap we can identify the unit as 7 Kompanie Landesschützen Bataillon II/XIII.
            Overlooked this option.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post

As it's an infantry cap we can identify the unit as 7 Kompanie Landesschützen Bataillon II/XIII. Formed during the mobilization in August 1939. In March 1940 it became II./Infanterie Regt.641 which in turn became Wach Bataillon 720 in Nov.1940 and again changed to Nachschub Btl.720 in 1943.

the unit served on occupation duties in Poland 39\40. Then transferred to the West also on occupation duties. At the time of the invasion of the Soviet Union it was with the 9 Armee and by 1943 with Heeresgruppe Süd.

the unit's duties were basically guarding POWs and locations.
              Simon that is great information. Thank you and Ypenburg so much. I greatly appreciate it.

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X