Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIA Family

Fellow WAF Members:

I kindly request guidance on how to research for the information of my inlaws regarding the branch of service, unit, location, where they had fallen, etc.
    Also if someone can expediently provide this information I would be stirred to the depths of my gratitude.

Attached is a pre-war photo of my wife's family members from her mothers side. Their family name is Streicher. They were 5 brothers and numbered in the narrative. All KIA with the exception of the only survivor, Johannes Streicher (opa) identified by No.2 I know he served on the eastern front. Sadly the family does not have any historical military information about them. My mother in law believes they were all KIA in Russia.

There is a memorial on the hilltop in their home town of Bartholomae, Germany with their names and other KIA's from WW I-II. I would like to provide this info to our family.

Your competence, expertise, time and resources are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CIB; 09-11-2009, 10:09 PM.

Do you know any of the birth or death dates of the brothers? There are 230 Streichers listed on the Volksbund war grave site. Any more info would help narrow down the search.

Steve

Comment

KIA Streicher Brothers

Steve:

Thank you for your efficient reply. my frau will call D-land tommorow morning and talk to her mother for any info. I have doubts about the birthdates other than Johannes who had survived the war but will provide his info then if this helps?

Johannes Streicher (right)

Photo dtd. 26 MAY 1940
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CIB; 09-11-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

KIA Streicher Brothers

Johannes Streicher (2nd from left)

He was getting old, appears to be second rate troops at this period?
        The trooper on his left doesn't look like a stranger to the dinner table or bier fass, you could suspect he was press-ganged into service from a metzgerei job?
        Attached Files

Comment

KIA Streicher Brothers

Bartholomae Germany: (Landeskreis, Aalen) Schwaebische Alb
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CIB; 09-11-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Gerorg Groll

This is of my wife's Opa from her father's familiy. He survived but I would kindly reqest assistance and opinions on what type of unit he had served in, and locations if at all possible? If there is anyhow I may return your generosity please don't hesitate.

He hails from Bad-Brueckenau. He appears to have two different waffenfarbe's. It looked like he jumped around as you will can in the photographic chronolgy.

RAD service, he was a very kind gentleman in his late years but, he definatley appears to be an eager street brawler here.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CIB; 09-11-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Gerorg Groll

Waffenrock pic.

Think can anyone can I.D. the waffenfarbe or unit affiliation? I know its a tough call with these BW pictures.
              You can clearly see one of this gentleman's former playmates had been cut out of the picture.
              Attached Files

Comment

Gerorg Groll

With Family.

I believe the waffenfarbe may be of the Pioneer branch as you will see in the next photo that was likely taken the same day.

I know he worked for the railway pre-post war and may have done so during the war.

Wife passed away during the war (bombing raid victim)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CIB; 09-11-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Gerorg Groll

See waffenfarbe please compare.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gerorg Groll

GEB-GEST dates.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X