Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC holder misidentified !

Hello

A recent thread posted by Jim (aka DJPool) shows several KC recipients.
    HEre is the URL :
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=39312&page=1
    Among those pics, one of them was the following one (courtesy of Bill Petz) whose the image is displayed below.

I have identified it as Walther Düvert because I have seen the very same image on das ritterkreuz website connected to Düvert.
    The thread is here :
    http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...t_det&dbid=754

I have to admit that I haven't checked myself and have taken what was said as true.

A fellow member, J.N. Houterman, has written in this same thread that this KC holder was not Düvert, based upon his face and the scribble-signature. He also sent me a pic of Walther Düvert. As Hans said, both signatures do not match together. You will find Hans' pic on the next thread.

So, to make short, this unknown general needs to be indentified. Who is he ???

Thanks in advance
    Denis

PS : to follow : Hans'pic of Walther Düvert
    Another pic showing this unknown officer while he was POW with other officers.
    Attached Files

Here is the real pic of Walther Düvert (courtesy of J.N. Houterman)
    Attached Files

Comment

To conclude, here is another photo from the same officer while he was POW with 2 other officers. This photo was sold on eBay some months ago and I was outbidded ( )

I wait for your opinions
      Regards
      Denis

Comment

Originally posted by Denis
        To conclude, here is another photo from the same officer while he was POW with 2 other officers. This photo was sold on eBay some months ago and I was outbidded ( )

I wait for your opinions
        Regards
        Denis
        Hi Denis :-)
        greetings to my friend in France and of cource I know this Knights Cross Winner .Its Max Bork RK 11.5.1945 as Glt. Kommanding General "Korps Bork"
        Greeitings
        Uli;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Uli
          Hi Denis :-)
          greetings to my friend in France and of cource I know this Knights Cross Winner .Its Max Bork RK 11.5.1945 as Glt. Kommanding General "Korps Bork"
          Greeitings
          Uli;-)
          He is wearing a M44 tunic, rare option for a general. Is the award date correct? he received the KC after the cease of fire. Any other biographical dates from this man?

Thanks

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré
            He is wearing a M44 tunic, rare option for a general. Is the award date correct? he received the KC after the cease of fire. Any other biographical dates from this man?

Thanks

Angel
            Hello ,
            Max Bork is born 01.01.1899 Forsthaus Lasdehnen/Preussen
            died 04.07.1973 Hollern bei Stade/Niedersachsen
            First time he was offerd to RK was 25.4.1944 but he didn`t get it with date from 12.6.1944 .
            Second time he was offered was 14.04.1945 and was awarded at least at 9.5.1945 .
            Thats from his card from the Bundesarchiv .I think the pics were taken as he was POW from 27.06.1945 -01.05.1948 .
            So there are two different awarded dates from 1945 but I think the card from the Bundesarchiv is the right one .
            You will find the dates also at www.das-ritterkreuz.de and then in "Datenbanksuche"
            Greetings
            Uli;-)

Comment

Hello Uli
              Many thanks for providing this info. That's really great !
              BEst regards
              Denis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X