Seeking info on LW NCO Kurt Speck, Condor Legion Vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking info on LW NCO Kurt Speck, Condor Legion Vet

Anyone out there have information on a Luftwaffe NCO named Kurt Speck? He was one of a hundred or so Legion Condor members to earn the Spanish Military Medal (documented), and Spanish Cross in Gold (assumed). I believe he may have also earned the Austrian Annexation Medal. However, he's not on any Knight's Cross or German Cross list that I could find. My German language skills are not proficient enough to effectively use the German War Graves Commission website (http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche/content_suche.asp)

If anyone has info on Kurt Speck, or has the time and ability to search the above site for his possible grave site and service info, I'd be much abliged.

Many thanks!

Speck

Scott,

Other than the Legion Condor do you have any idea as to other units he served with or at a minimum what branch he served with in Spain i.e. Bombers, Recon., Flak, Signals etc. etc.?

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Only one:

Nachname: Speck
      Vorname: Kurt
      Dienstgrad:
      Geburtsdatum: 02.12.1905
      Geburtsort: Podelwitz
      Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 25.06.1941
      Todes-/Vermisstenort: Borki

Comment

Jeremy, unfortunately all I have to go on is a photo of his Spanish award document for the Medalla Militar (the document doesn't belong to me). Most awardees of the Medalla Militar were avaitors of one sort or another, so I presume he was an NCO in the flight branch of the Luftwaffe before/after the Civil War. He isn't on the KC or DK rolls, so another presumption would be a transport aircraft crewmember - they didn't get much heroic recognition after WWII began. All conjecture on my part of course .

Ypenburg, thank you for checking the website for me! Born: 02.12.1905 in the tiny German hamlet of Podelwitz; KIA on: 25.06.1941 in Borki, Ukraine - presumably in the opening days of the Russian invasion.

Of course this may not be the Kurt Speck I'm looking for, but it's a start...
        Last edited by Scott C.; 09-01-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X