Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer-Regiment 27, 19.Panzer-Division

Hello,

Can anyone here recommend reference material on the 19.Panzer-Division, specifically Panzer-Regiment 27?

I already have Die 19. Panzer-Division: Bewaffnung, Einsatze, Manner : Einsatz 1941-1945 in Russland by Rolf Hinze. I'm wondering if there are any other publications on the division...

I'm also looking for photographs of any Panzer-Regiment 27 Panzers, especially Panzer IVs and Panthers.

Thanks,
    Rob

up

Comment

The only book that I have is the Hinze book. I do have 174 photos of 19.Panzerdivision. They are part of a numbered and labeled series of photos. About half are included in Hinze's book. Unfortunately they are not labeled as to if they are of Regiment 27. I have two of Oberst Johannes Schmidt who received the RK as Commander of PAnzer Regiment 27 on 10-15-42. They are not in Hinze's book. If you have any of the numbered series we could exchange a list of numbers and share copies of those that don't overlap. I'll attach the 2 of Oberst Schmidt.

(1) Can you identify any others in the pictures?
      Attached Files

Comment

(2) This photo was taken on Sept. 1, 1941. Issuing orders northwest of Toropjetz.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have
          = "Geschichte der niedersächsischen 19. Panzer-Division 1939-1945"by Otto von Knobelsdorff
          = "19. Infanterie- und Panzer-Division Divisionsgeschichte aus der Sicht eines Artilleristen" by Rolf Hinze
          = "Das Hannoverische Regiment 73 - Geschichte des Panzer-Grenadier-Regiments 73 (vorm. Inf.Rgt.73) by Albert Krull
          = "Inf.- und Pz.-Gren.-Regiment 74" by Adalbert Wasner
          = the complete original manuscript of Adalbert Wasner's book.

Comment

19 pz div

Hi Ed,the KC holder in both pics is Gustav Schmidt,in 2nd pic
            on the right is Gen Otto von Knobelsdorff at the time of pic Cmdr
            19th Pz Div.The officer with glasses in 2nd pic is I am pretty sure is Hptm
            Franz von Mentz later a Oberst in 1944 and I believe Cmdr 74th Pz Gdr Regt,
            Regards Harmel

Comment

"Inf.- und Pz.-Gren.-Regiment 74" by Adalbert Wasner doesn't mention any
              Franz von Mentz as Kdr. But it has a picture with the same fellow and it says he's Hauptmann von Knobelsdorff, II./Pz.Gren.Rgt.74.

The 1st picture is in the book and it says: Oberst Schmidt nördl. Kunja am 23.8.1942.
              Last edited by Ypenburg; 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X