Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturm-Battr 18 or Sturmbatterie 18

Hello.

Maybee some can help me with info about this unit Sturm-Battr 18 or Sturmbatterie 18. I think the unit was started up in August or September in 1943 but I am not sure. And was fighting in Baltikum. I have try to found some about it but not found out so mutch more then the small info under 61 Infanterie Division on Lexicon der WH.

Best Regards
    Björn

up

up

Comment

Only a battery i think it's an unit too small to research some info about...
      At less for artillery units i think it should be a batallion.
      I checked in Tessin, and in other good sources but i found nothing.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
      - THE SS TK RING
      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

These small independent units are very difficult to research but i think we can piece this together from the available online information.

We know that it was a battery of artillery detached from AR 161 of the 161 ID. I'm guessing that it was thus a standard battery of 4 x 10.5cm le.FH.18 guns. Quite likely horse drawn.

It was to be the artillery component of the newly created Sturm bataillon 18. an army level alarm unit.

So to research the battery further you need to research the battalion.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...BtlAOK18-R.htm

Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

As i told... at less A BATALLION!
          For sure Simon you're right!
          Why I have not thought it before!!

It happened to me some times ago to find a battery with a name, but for me was impossible to understand under wich unit it served. The name of the battery was "Verona" (the name of my town!).
          Other times i saw that in the batallion happened that 2 or 3 batteries had different names! But without the story of the btl. i think it's impossible to understand the story of a single batterie.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
          - THE SS TK RING
          - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
          - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hi

Thank You for Your help, I have understand that this is a small unit and that this unit was made from art personal in Art Rgt 161...Is it possible that this small unit have been self propelld Or have it been horse drawn ?

I will show You some pages from the Soldbuch, I have buy it last week so I hope it will arrive in this week.

No photo in it the soldier ended the war as an Wachtmaister, awarded the eastfrontmedal, wounded badge in black, KVK II with sword, EK II and the Kurland cufftitle.

The Wachtmeister Ewald Christ was not a lucky guy, He get war prisoner in Kurland and He died in 27.1.1947 in Kgf.Lag.Nr. 7343 Pskow am Peipussee

Best Regards

Björn
            Attached Files

Comment

a

q
              Attached Files

Comment

w

s
                Attached Files

Comment

z

e
                  Attached Files

Comment

c

e
                    Attached Files

Comment

As i mentioned above, it was a regular 10.5cm Le.F.H.18 battery from a regular infantry division so horse drawn.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank You for help with info.

Best Regards
                        Björn

Comment

I have no info about Sturm-Battr. 18 myself. What I do have though is a soldbuch which is very simmilar to yours of a guy who was with Sturm-Batl. 18.

I have added two scans. As you see, the entries on page 4 look like they were made by the same guy.
                          Even better are the similarities between the two award pages. Same entry for "fighting
                          with Heeresgruppe Kurland" and both Kurlandband-entries are stamped
                          with an Infanteriedivision 30 stamp - so the Batl. was likely attached to Inf. Div. 30.

Interesting also: my guy died on July 2 1947 in Kgf. Lag. Nr. 7343 - so the two probably went to the camp together in 1945.

Don't know however if my soldbuch also comes from Weitze originally.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jochen 1000.

Yes it must bee the same guy that have written the text on page 4, tomorrov I will take a sharper look att the other stamps in the book.
                              And come back to You..

Best Regards

Björn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X