What type of unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of unit?

I just received a letter from the DD WASt about my Great Grandfather. It says as of May 1 1943 his unit was Wehrkreis-Betreuungs-Kompanie 18. What type of unit is that? They say his original unit was the 14 Panzerjager Infanterie Ersatz Regiment 1. Now how do these two unit go together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

The new unit is a military district care company. The old an infantry replacement regiment. I don't know how they connect, though. Hope I could help,

Comment

Thanks Land Zack 2013. The only thing I know about him is that he was a chef and a valet for high ranking officials. He use to say “ I never fired a gun, I was too smart for them”

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

The Ersatz unit will have been his initial training and depot unit. It has no connection with the Betreuungs kompanie. Your comment about him being a chef and valet though fits in perfectly with the role of such a unit, which was to do with welfare. They manned things like the Soldatenheim, officers messes etc.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys

One more question what color of waffenfarben would the Wehrkreis-Betreuungs be?

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X