Oberleutnant Hugo Sengmüller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberleutnant Hugo Sengmüller

I resently got some small stuff from a friend, it all belonged to his family.
    Its nothing special, but nice to have!

Included in it is a death card of an Oberlt. And i'm trying to find out in which unit he was.
    Since he was a kompanieführer, i think it might be possible to find out?
    This is what i know of him:

Name: Hugo Sengmüller
    Abzeichen: EK II and I., Verwundeten abzeichen and 2 other medails which i don't know.
    Army branch: Gebirgsjeager
    Time of Death: 7 Okt. 1941 at the age of 26.
    Area of Death: South Ukraine

A link to any source which can help is offcourse welcome as well
    Attached Files
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Not much to go on, but both 1. Gebirgs-Division and 4. Gebirgs-Division where part of Heeresgruppe Süd.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/ have further information about these units.

Comment

Thanks!
      So he could have been in these regiments:

Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 13
      Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 91
      Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 98
      Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 99

Hmm to bad Lexikon doesn't mention Kompanieführers
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Oke to bad, i asume its not possible to look up Kompanieführers.

Comment

He's not listed in the Volksbund database unfortunately which, if it had included a place of death, might have helped us pin down which regiment he served in.

I notice though that his photo shows him wearing infantry white waffenfarbe so it would seem he was transferred to the Gebirgstruppe at some point.

Company commanders are very difficult to find if they weren't highly decorated, however, they are often mentioned in unit histories so it might be an idea to get hold of the histories of the 1 and 4 Geb.Div. If you're lucky he just may be mentioned in one of those.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Oke, thanks

Comment

In one of those rare occurences in collecting I just picked up this man's waffenrock. He was in IR 91 and later GJR 91. I found this link as I was researching him on hte net. The rock is white piped. It is great to see his photo.

Comment

Wow.. thats nice to hear!
                Can you post some pictures?

Comment

Hi Rick I will later tonight, right now I am working. He is listed now in the Graves data base, also on a war memorial site for the town he is from-Taufkirchen which is now basically part of Munich:

http://www.deutsche-ehrenmale.de/ehr...ufkirchen.HTML

I have Mike Constandy looking for his service records in NARA,

Hugo Sengmüller wurde noch nicht auf einen vom Volksbund errichteten Soldatenfriedhof überführt.
                  Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort: Pologi / Saporoshje - Ukraine
                  Der Volksbund ist bemüht, auf der Grundlage von Kriegsgräberabkommen die Gräber der deutschen Soldaten zu finden und ihnen auf Dauer gesicherte Ruhestätten zu geben. Wir hoffen, in nicht allzu ferner Zukunft auch das Grab von Hugo Sengmüller zu finden und die Gebeine auf einen Soldatenfriedhof überführen zu können.
                  Nachname:Sengmüller
                  Vorname:Hugo
                  Dienstgrad:Oberleutnant
                  Geburtsdatum:14.03.1915
                  Geburtsort:Taufkirchen
                  Todes-/Vermisstendatum:07.10.1941
                  Todes-/Vermisstenort: 4 km südostw. Otscheretowatyi

Comment

Here is the tunic, he was thin and it will not fit on a torso form. The collar and edges of the eagle are mothed but it is still in pretty good shape. When I opened the buttons dust came out of the the button holes, it probably sat on a hanger for years, I bought it in a small auction in Texas.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Boards and front. Eagle looks like it was applied poorly with rough edges but it has mothing all the way around the edges sort of like the collar they snacked on the felted wool but left the thread.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle, this is a really neat variation with the eagle embroidered directly onto Uniform quality Trikot wool just like the jacket.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tunic
                          If you are able to find more info from NARA, please post it.

I´m still amazed how this can be

Comment

ich habe hier die beförderungsurkunde und feldpost von hugo sengmüller!

http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/sh...d.php?t=380407

Comment

Sengmüller, listed in Okt. 1937 Stellenbesetzung, when he was still in the Inf.Rgt.91.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X