Please, help with KM officer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, help with KM officer.

Please, any fellow has the KM rangliste?
    I would need to know if an officer named Karl Heyne does appear.
    Thanks!
    Victor

Please, any help?
    thanks!

Comment

Lt. (ing.) Karl Heyne, born, 16.03.1912 died, 16.12.1941, lost whilst serving on the U-557.

http://www.ubootwaffe.net/ops/boat.cgi?boat=557
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you very much Simon...please, is possible another Karl Heyne in the KM?
        Thanks again!

Comment

It's possible if he was a reserve officer. There's no one of that name in the 44 rangliste
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

You sure about the spelling, Vic? There are 2 officers with the last name Heine, first name Karl.

Several other "Karl Heyne" on volksbund.de, but only U-boat officer - the one Simon linked to.

Comment

Karle Heyne cap

I am the owner of the Karl Heyne cap.
              Check my following post, perharps someone could give more information?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389483

Regards
              Ben

Comment

Unfortunately, the published "Rangliste" for the Kriegsmarine do not show a Karl Heyne. This is because he must have been a Reserve officer, serving on active duty, and so omitted from these publications. It is very frustrating and I have encountered this many times when trying to research KM uniform items.

It's a very nice cap!

Comment

Leroy, thanks for your help.

Regards
                  Ben

Comment

Hi Ben,

That really is a fantastic cap.

I am sure that this was the man's "land" version, so to say the one that he did wear with his better uniform, and not the one he took out at sea.

I do have a very large document grouping to the Obermaschinist of U-557, Alfons Grunhäuser, he left U-557 just before she went to the Mediterranean when he was transferred to U-608, and that saved his life.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hi Eric

Thanks for information.
                      I can add the following one from a friend:

"As to the owner, I only have the 1944 rank list but it includes only one officer with the name of Heyne.
                      He is Oskar Heyne, Oberleutnant zur See, so I think that if there is no other Karl Heyne then your cap most likely is from the L.I. on U-557."

I plan to go to Cuxhaven "u-boot Archivs" in November, i expect to find good pics from Karl Heyne and the U557. I will check for Alfons Grunhäuser too.

Regards
                      Ben

Comment

Hi Ben,

Although not 100% historical correct I think that you will love to read the book "Eiserne Särge" by Herbert A. werner, your Li. is often mentioned there.
                        U-557 was Werner's first Uboat he served on and he left U-557 at the same time as Grunhäuser.

Also Heyne's other submarine U-59 is an interesting one, so check that boat too.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hi eric

Thank for information, i just read for the second time "Iron coffins" and the epic of the U557.
                          In fact, the first LI was Feder and the last one for the last patrol was Heyne.
                          Herbert always talks about feder and not Heyne.
                          I think that Heyne left the U59 and join the U557 in Lorient for the last Patrol in november 1941.

Regards
                          Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X