Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for veterans of JG2 and JG1

Good evening, ladies and gents.

I'm currently gathering information for an English-language biography on Walter Oesau (yep, finally fleshing out the first chapter inbetween translation and research work).

My request for help from the esteemed members of the forum would be any knowledge of veterans still alive that would have known/served under Oesau and would be willing to provide some anecdotes for the biography. Naturally, I wanted to come on here and ask first, as I don't want to seem like a collector or anything like that. I just think that Oesau's biography is long overdue - one without hero worship, one without propaganda, an honest, true and informative biography (as much as I can).

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum; it's hard to remember where things are supposed to go when you have a year-old son learning to walk and getting into everything.

My email is cdowling05 at frontiernet dot net or you can just PM me.

With much appreciation in advance,

Mrs. Cori Dowling

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my first post.

I am in the process of writing a biography on Walter Oesau, (1913-1944) Oberstleutnant in the Luftwaffe, started career with the RAD and then through the Heer until 1937, when he joined the Luftwaffe. Served in Legion Condor (wounded), BOB, Sitzkrieg (where he was wounded from what I can glean at least 3 times - face, knee and left shoulder), Western Front.

From internet sources and personal research (and talking with quite a few very helpful gentlemen) I've very nearly confirmed the influenza "theory" of his death, wherein Goering phoned while Oesau was abed with fever, goaded him up to fly, thus resulting in his death. Further proof/confirmation of Goering's attitude/goading leading to his death was Galland's refusal to wear any medals awarded by Goering at the funeral, as evidenced in photographs I have of the funeral.

At any rate, I'm requesting that anyone with any information that wishes to share it, please contact me or post here, and I'd be most grateful/indebted to your assistance.

With many thanks in advance and deepest respect,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X