Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjutant und Oblt. Zink II/KG53

Hi all,

I'm looking for any information I can find on Oberleutnant Zink.

Zink was the adjutant of II/KG53.

He was either Beobachter or Flugzeugführer

As far as I know, he didn't receive the RK, DKiG or Ehrenpokal

In the book from Heinz Kiehl "Kampfgeschwader Legion Condor 53", there isn't any info on him. On the web I was also unable to get more info on him.

Any help/information would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Thomas

After almost 1week this thread had only 24 visits and no reply

Another question: Is there anybody with knowledge about the men behind KG53? Or someone who can point me in the right direction?

Zink was not a highly decorated man, but there should be some info on him, he was the adjutant of Oakleave holder Herbert Wittmann. Maybe members that have some info on Wittmann can help me with this.

Any help/information would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Thomas

Comment

Thomas,

looked also on the net but cant find anything regarding to Zink.

Thats frustrating because research is one the interesting aspects in our hobby.

How btw did you find out he was the adjudant of Wittmann?

Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your search

I like the research a lot, but with KG53 it can be hard. There isn't many info available on this KG as there is for other KG's. The only book about KG53, which is by Kiehl is lacking a lot of info.

I bought some stuff, mainly pics from a guy, that could only tell me that this belonged to the adjutant of Wittmann. Some of the pics point at Zink. Wittmann came to II/KG53 on 25.5.43. I know that Zink was the Adjutant at least from 3.44 onwards. I just put 1 and 1 together and assume that the adjutant should be Zink. If Wittmann was the Gruppenkommandeure and Zink the Adjutant of II/KG53 I would say Zink could have, in his roll as gruppen adjutant, also have been Wittmann's adjutant.

Cannot proof it at this point in time, just assume it, till information would tell me otherwise.

Kind regards, Thomas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X