Mystery Emblems on Leitz Binoculars Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Emblems on Leitz Binoculars Case

I have a pair of Leitz 7x50 Binoculars and their original case. The case has 2 shield like emblems on the front and I have always wondered if they were German or post war American or what. Can anyone tell me what they represent. What country of origin or what military orgainization? They measure approximately 1 3/4 and 1 1/2 inches high. They seem to have no thickness and look like decals but I am not sure. They are not painted on. I would appreciate any ideas on this one. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Those emblems look american , like the big red one, and another of the american divisions i cant recall at the moment. maybe these were purchased postwar and the guy who got em used them while stationed in the occupation, or even put the decals on the case to represent his divisions so he could identify his binocks, as in the army people steal everything thats not tied down. They look like post war german manufactured decals as they look well made like the wartime german ones possibly madeby the same companys that made the wartime decals, and seem well adhered. Im guessing post war binocks also. Lets see what the general consensus is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X