Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unteroffizier der Pioniere

Hi all

I have recently bought a visor, belonging to a Pioniere NCO, whose name was DRIEFERS, 1./16 Pi.btl.
    The visor's sweatband has an acceptance stamp 1./Pi.51.
    I enclose also three shots, showing DRIEFERS anf his comrades and his grave.
    I will be very happy to receive any information about the full identification of DRIEFERS and his fate. Many thanks.

enorepap

He is not on the Gräbernachweis des Volksbundes Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge. Can you read the names on the markers and dates?

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
      He is not on the Gräbernachweis des Volksbundes Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge. Can you read the names on the markers and dates?
      Hallo

Thank you for your friendly reply

I will try to enlarge the shot and read the inscriptions on the crosses but it is a very hard job, because the original image is quite unclear.

As an additional information, I can say that the visor was made (or retailed) by Max Berger of Hoxter a. Weser, probably a garrison town of an engineer's unit.

best regards. Marcello (enorepap)
      Last edited by enorepap; 05-10-2009, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Just a little bit of information about the quoted engineers:

Pionier bataillon 16
        Aufgestellt am 1. Oktober 1934 als Pionier-Bataillon Hoexter. Am 15. Oktober 1935 wurde in Pionier-Bataillon 16 umbenannt.

Pionier bataillon 51
        Zur Aufstellung wurde Personal des Pionier-Bataillon 16 der 16. Infanterie-Division verwendet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X