Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed - Luftwaffe officer identification via ribbonbar

Hi,

As this is my first it would be best to introduce myself first; I'm Peter, I'm 30, from the middle of Holland. I've been collecting german ww2 items for 10 years now. I'm interested in ribbonbars, ground dug pieces, photo's, oddities etc... I hope to share information and pictures with you in the future, but first I need some help from you guys with the identification of a luftwaffe officer. I bought this ribbonbar from a dealer in Germany. They couldn't give me a name, only told me it was from a Luftwaffe general. Any help would be appreciated. Regards. Peter.

Last edited by drspeck; 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM.

ribbon bar

Peter,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a very nice bar from what I can see.

You will probably have better luck posting this in the Imperial German forum and hope that Rick Research (forum member) or others are able to pin down the combination. Typically the Imperial awards, or combination of awards/Imperial, are more researchable than WW2/pre WW2 era.

Good luck.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Ribbon bar

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the advice, I will do that.

Reg

Peter

Comment

Identified

Hi all,

This guy has been identified as General der Flieger Max Mohr (since 1952 Mohr-Eppen) (1884-1966)

This is one of his ribbon bars as worn 1936-38 when he was a Generalmajor zbV of the Reichs Air Ministry and Commander of Luftgau 3/ renamed X, Hamburg.

He added the two 1938 "flowers campaign medals" in 1939, and both classes of War Merit Cross with Swords during the Second War.

See also: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WE.../MOHR_MAX.html
        Last edited by drspeck; 04-30-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X