Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posekardt - help -

Hello,

Does anyone have some information about Feldwebel Adolf Posekardt??

I only know he earned the honor goblet on 10-10-1941.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Hi Martin,

in the Volksbund list I found an Oberfeldwebel Adol Posekardt - * 19.9.1912 Durnhof - KIA 27.7.1942 Ehrenhausen/Steiermark (Austria). He is burried in Cerjachovsk/Russia

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks (Danke) Gerdan....

It must be him.

Anyone more information on this person and especiallly about his unit??

Martin

Comment

Sorry, no. But you could ask the Volksbund in Kassel. May be they can give you more information on him - and they are not so strict as the WASt with data privacy...

Gerdan

Comment

I have a different date for his Goblet:

Feldwebel Adolf Posekardt
          Sturzkampfgeschwader
          Ehrenpokal 14.10.42

From Gerdan's post I was puzzled if he was killed in Ehrenhausen/Steiermark, why would he be buried in Cernjachovsk (Rußland)!!?!?!?!?

Cernjachovsk is the former Insterburg,
          Sturzkampffliegerschule 1 was at Insterburg....looks like he was involved in a flying accident? Also his Honour Goblet appears to be posthumous.

/Ian
          Last edited by Ian Jewison; 04-19-2009, 08:23 AM.
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian,

10.10.41 is written on the "835' silver honor goblet according to my source.

I also had the same strange thought why be killed in austria and buried in Russland...

martin

Comment

I will have a look through my references later....there might be something there...also try and verify his award date!

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Just checked another source and that has 14.10.42 as the award date also!

What you need is someone with an Ehrenliste from this date and
                10.10.41 to see which one he is on!!!

/Ian

Comment

Ian,

I saw the date on the honor goblet and its is definately 10.10.41

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
                    Ian,

I saw the date on the honor goblet and its is definately 10.10.41

Martin
                    It probably is but that does not match up with the published Ehrenliste......that is 1942!

One is wrong......the Goblet is 100% correct?

Either way unfortunately I can not add any further info.

/Ian

Comment

A friend of mine could give me the additional information that the corpse of Adolf Posekardt was brought back home by his family to Insterburg/Eastern Prussia to be burried there.
                      As Ian mentioned correctly the name of Insterburg today is Cernjachvsk and it is part of Russia.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                        A friend of mine could give me the additional information that the corpse of Adolf Posekardt was brought back home by his family to Insterburg/Eastern Prussia to be burried there.
                        As Ian mentioned correctly the name of Insterburg today is Cernjachvsk and it is part of Russia.

Gerdan
                        great information Gerdan. Thanks.

I want to know in what unit he flew.....

Any information on that?

best
                        Martin

Comment

I have to look for some information and asking a friend.

Gerdan

Comment

could it be that Erich Strop (born 14.8.1920) was his Stuka flying partner??

He crashed on the same date (27.7.1942) in the same area (Ehrenhausen).

there could be a match.

martin

Comment

The 10 october 1941 date will probably not be found in any Ehrenliste. Mostly the date of awarding (date on the Ehrenpokal and award document) is a few weeks or days earlyer than the publication date in the Ehrenliste. Almost never is the publication date the same as the awarding date for the Ehrenpokal. More likely will be a later Ehrenliste for instance 14 octobre 1941.

This means that either the Ehrenpokal is not correct (what I doubt, but clear photos should be able to clarify that), or the data of the Ehrenliste is not correct. This last can be seen if someone has the Ehrenliste mentioned.
                              Perhaps the actual publication date for the Ehrenliste will be 14th October 1941 and not 1942. The date has probably by all sources been taken over from Patzwall's resource.

A last, least probable, explanation is that it was forgotten to publish the awarding in 1941 and that it hads been published in the Ehrenliste over a year later.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X