Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper

I bought the Josef Weissinger group I was wondering if anyone can assist me with research into him and the grouping and possibly get some pictures of him. It
    would be great if you can assist. Here is some information:

The Soldbuch was made out at the 3d Replacement Battalion, Infantry Regiment 135, stationed at Ried im Innkreis, Upper Austria (then the Gau Upper Danube - Oberdonau).

Josef Weissinger was assigned to the I.R 135 on the 4th December 1939 according to his soldbuch. Later in the war sometime during 1944 he was assigned to Grenadier Regiment 187.

He was awarded Infantery Assaultbadge in Silver, Iron Cross 2nd and 1st class, Woundbadge in Black, Silver and Gold, and also the very rare Snipers badge 3rd class (see p22 of Soldbuch). The entry for the Scharfschützen Abzeichen is authenticated by Oberleutnant Heinrich Bergerfurth who won the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold 22.3.1945 as Kompanie Chef 6/Grenadier Regiment 184.

The Soldbuch which is included in this group, is possibly the only Snipers soldbuch which still exist today. Even though the Soldbuch is missing the Photo and the pages are lose, it is EXTREMLY RARE
    Attached Files

Page with sniper badge in gold award.
    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X