Camp info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp info needed

Was wondering if anyone has any info on a german prisonn camp Zuchthaus Gollnow.Thanks in advance Jay

Still looking for any info.Jay

Comment

Gollnow was a former German now Poolish town in the former area of Westpommern. Today the name is Goleniów.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goleni%C3%B3w

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan
        Do you know how long the camp was open.?Was it just for political prisoners? Do you know when it was closed.The only info that i have it that a city that was once in Germany ,but is now in Poland.Any info about the camp itself would be appreciated.Jay

Comment

Jay

in German literature I found that in March 1933 there was still existing an old prison in Gollnow and this was used to capture antifaschist people.

I also found that a German guy named Karl Willfür was executed in Gollnow prison 25 Jan 1945. So the Gollnow prison seemed to have "worked" till the end of WWII.

Still today the old prison is used.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
            Jay

in German literature I found that in March 1933 there was still existing an old prison in Gollnow and this was used to capture antifaschist people.

I also found that a German guy named Karl Willfür was executed in Gollnow prison 25 Jan 1945. So the Gollnow prison seemed to have "worked" till the end of WWII.

Still today the old prison is used.

Gerdan

Gerdan
            Thank you very much for all the help!!!.One other question the site that you found this info at is the text in english? If so can you send me the link so i can read up on it.Jay

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goleni%C3%B3w

Jay
              sorry, but the english text is a very limted one and not a translation of the German version.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X