Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegstagebuch 72 I.R.

Hi guys,

I've had this for a while, bought it from a local militaria shop, has anybody seen anything like this?

The Kriegstagebuch has 25 pages in total depicting the russian campaign in southern sector July 41 to July 42. There are also 2 maps from which I believe are orders of battle in Poland 1944?

I'd imagine it would be pretty important to someone who's interested in 72 Infanterie Regiment.

Sorry, it's the 72 Infanterie Division, not regiment.

Comment

It's a summary of the divisonal war diary. It's of interest to someone who's interested in collecting items related to the division but of limited interest to the historian as copies of the original KTB and much more for the period are available from the archives.
      The maps may be unique though if not published elsewhere.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for the information Simon. Would the Divisional summary have published in wartime or post war? I wouldn't imagine their are too many about?

Cheers
        Tom

Comment

By the looks of it wartime or early postwar, though after the events of course and you're right not many around, perhaps the only one even.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X