Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about I/Ers u Ausb Regt HG

Hello Gents

Is there somebody who can confirm that 1/Ers u Ausb regt HG (gren 4) was active in the Hechtel area or in the Ten Aard (Geel) area in Belgium from 6 september till 21 september 1944. Or does somebody know which specific HG units were in Hechtel or Ten Aard that time?

Does somebody know the name from the 4th grenadier kompanie commander around that time

Thanks in advance

Regards Erwin
    Last edited by Erwin L; 01-13-2009, 03:17 AM.

Hello Erwin,

This is what I found about II.Fsch.Pz.Ersatz.u.Ausbildungs-Regiment H.G.
    Only one Abteilung was in Hechtel at that time, but I don't know wich one.
    Hptm. Willi Muller was in kommand at that time. He was also the highest officer that was captured during this battle.

Kommandeur Hptm. Willi Muller
    Battl.-Adjudant Lt. Karl Richtberg
    Stab-Kompanie Lt. Zimmerman

Panzer-Abwehr Lt. Kal Wilhelm Pfeiffer

Sturmgeschutz Oblt. Kaden
    Off. Hahn
    Feldwebel Lindlar

1.Grenadier Kompanie Oblt. Otto Minn
    Unt.Off. Kosbade
    Hillers
    Reh
    Oberfeldwebel Sachs
    Fischer

2.Grenadier Kompanie Oblt. Karl-Hans Hagenmuller
    Unt.Off. Hildebrandt
    Feldwebel Hosch

3.Gr. Komp. (Panzerjager) Oblt. Wolfgang Esterer

4.Auklarungs-Kompanie Lt. Vetter
    Eberhardt Ckop

5.Panzer-Kompanie Lt. Sommer
    Unt.Off. Herr

Regards,

Floris

Comment

Franz Kurowski, Fallschirmpanzerkorps "Hermann Göring:
      "Den ganzen Monat September 1944 kämpften vom Fallsch.Pz. Ers. u. Ausb. Rgt. HG das I. Batl. und zunächst auch die II. Abt. im Gebiet des Maas-Schelde-Kanals, des Albert-Kanals und des Antwerpen-Turnhout-Kanals bei Hechtel, Geel, Ten Aart, Lichtaart, Kasterlee, Turnhout und Pomfort......"

Comment

Thank for the replies Floris and Ypenburg.

I was looking for more specific information like which company was exactly were. Like in which places were the bataillons fighting, during that period. For instance.

Was it the II bataillon alone, who fought in Hechtel? Or did the I bataillon took place in these fightings as well. Or which companies joined the battle off Hechtel from 6-12 september 1944. Was everybody captured or did some soldiers escaped?

Which bataillon(s) or kompanies from this regiment took part in the battle off Ten Aard from 14-21 september.

With the answer i can get a better vieuw in which battle(s) the soldier took part from who i have a soldbuch. He was wounded on september 16th. I have read in the KTB from 85th ID that the Ers u Ausb regt HG had a lot of casulties that day in Ten Aard due to some serious fightings

regards Erwin

Comment

Hechtel
          Erwin, I've only the 1. Nachtrag LA-LB of the "Vermisstenbildliste". Some soldiers from the II Bn are listed missing in Hechtel.
          You should look for "Vermisstenbildliste Band III book LB", All HG-units with their missing are there listed. Missing are listed often with their Coy-level Units minimum Bataljon-level) with dates and places)
          Cheers
          P.

Comment

Question Regarding the Disposition of HG NCO

Hello,

There is some confusion regarding an NCO in the HG Panzer Regiment. Hauptfeldwebel Karl-Heinz Plath. There is a Karl-Heinz Plath reported deceased in Sicily with PZ Rgt HG but of a lower rank. Can you tell me if you a have a Karl-Heinz Plath reported as killed or missing for the HG?

Thank you
            Kurt

Comment

Hello Warnach

I found out that he fought in Ten Aard. Thanks to Chris van Kerckhoven

This was a small bridgehead above Geel. He was wounded on both thighs and his company commander was Leutnant Romermann. After that he became a POW

regards Erwin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X