Info on Arty Major in 26th Arty Rgt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Arty Major in 26th Arty Rgt

I am looking for any information on a Major in the 26th Artillery Regiment. I own a pre-war tailored uniform for a Major from the 26th. I believe it belongs to kdr Art Rgt 26-Oberstlt Riedel, Kdr III/Art Rgt 26-Oberstlt Feuchtinger, or Kdr I/Art Rgt 26-Major Pigler, or kdr II/Art Rgt 26-Major Lepper. The owner is a fairly large man.

So you want us to tell you which one of those men is the biggest?

If the boards are for a major you should look to one of the 6 Majors (4 more in addition to your mentioned two) assigned to the unit in 1939. Feuchtinger was promoted in August 1938 and Riedel April 1936. There is another Oberst.Lt assigned to the unit, "Prahl" who was promoted in March 1938.

Is there a tag? Award loops, long ribbon bar etc. that is the only way to narrow it down when there are multiple choices. It could also be for a Jr. Officer that climbed up the ranks and continued to wear a prewar tunic etc.

Comment

Major 26 th art regt

Richard Lepper-became a Generalmajor does not look
      like a large man,the only photo I have seen certainly does no show this.
      Paul Riedel also became a Generalmajor but I have not seen a pic of him.
      Regards Harmel

Comment

It is a tailored uniform with no tags or name. Awards are pinned and there are loops for Infantry or General assault or Iron Cross and Wound badge on the pocket.

Here are some photos:

Comment

I think you'll need to initially include all officers that served in AR 26 at the rank of Major but who also served pre-war.

There's also Reserve Artillerie Regiment 26 to consider with an outside chance of Beobachtungs abteilung 26 as well
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
            I think you'll need to initially include all officers that served in AR 26 at the rank of Major but who also served pre-war.

There's also Reserve Artillerie Regiment 26 to consider with an outside chance of Beobachtungs abteilung 26 as well
            I agree, you are talking about 15-20 people now plus, in addition the 5 button front tunics were tailor produced until the end of the War. Hefty odds, good luck.

Comment

Can I get photos from Bundesarchives of these officers?

Comment

No, it would be a major task in itself simply being able to get a complete list of names of every major that served in an artillery unit numbered 26.

By the way, you can scrub Riedel from your list, he made oberstleutnant before the regiment was formed. In fact if the ribbon is supposed to be original to the uniform then you can scrub all those officers you listed.

I think you're looking at an officer that might have been a leutnant or oberleutnant 38\39 and who rose to major. Those men you listed are all way too senior, Pigler was KIA in France 1940 as an oberstleutnant, the others you list all made general rank. Feuchtinger generalleutnant, the other two generalmajor. you'll find the bios of Feuchtinger and Lepper on the ABR
                http://www.geocities.com/orion47.geo/
                Last edited by Simon O.; 12-22-2008, 04:22 AM.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I thought about that, my only concern is that the shoulder boards are non-removable and don't look they have been changed. If that is the case this would have to be a major in 26th artillery duirng 1938/39.

Comment

Ar 26

for me AR 26 was in westwall with it's division ID 26 and wasn't involved in the sudete affair, then if the ribbon bar is the one of the man, he was at this time in another unit.....it may be gives you a frame for your resaerch.
                    mfg

Comment

Agreed. I believe the ribbon bar is original to the uniform. So I am looking for a field officer who transfered into 26th Artillery Rgt after 1938.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X