Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coded dog-tag LW ?????

Hi,

Which is the unit corresponding to this number : 64163 on a coded dog-tag, please ???

Thanks, David.

64 163 = I haven't found this number on my Luftwaffe MOB-Listen.

Regards,
    Piotr

Comment

I haven't found this number on my Luftwaffe MOB-listen.
      Regards,
      Piotr

Comment

Hi, Piotr

Thank you for your help. The number could be 64103 , hard to read the dog-tag ?????

Thanks, David.

Comment

Again the same. Could you send the photo ?
          Regards.
          Piotr

Comment

Piotr

Here the photo:

David

Comment

I haven't found code similar to your dog tag's code. The first digits 641 are quite clear but in my LW MOB List doesn't exists code with this starting digits.

I have seen a few (100% original) coded dog tags which codes don't exist in LW MOB-listen.

Best regards,
              Piotr

Comment

Just on the off chance that this might be an FpN instead of a Mobilisationsnummer:

(25.11.1944-8.5.1945) 23.4.1945 Stab u. Einheit Grenadier-Ausbildungs-Bataillon 467.

Strange things often happened during the last few months of the war, and perhaps - just perhaps - this unit stamped out a bunch of EKMs using its FpN. It may have been a mistake by a clerk and the EKMs may have never been issued, but there is that remote possibility that it did happen.

BTW, Gren.Ausb.Btl. 467 wasn't formed until 25.03.45, probably in Stendal.
                Last edited by Larry deZeng; 10-18-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to Larry and Piotr for your help

David.

Comment

It might be - but "T" letter is more typical for FJ , sometimes flying personnel dog tags. I have never seen late war WH dog tags with "T". Additionaly in such situation before digits should be FPN or FP (it should be and in 98% it is). But all is possible.

Your dog tag's photo is not good enough but the ID looks original for me. Do you know place where this dog tag was found ? In my opinion it might be number one of the "ad hoc" FJ units formed in the last war months (e.g. 9 FJD - Oder front).

Regards,
                    Piotr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X