Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP Market - Garden

Hello,

Exactly what SS training units were in Holland when Market -Garden started? I can only find the SS NCO School. The two SS Kampfgruppe I have found don't list the individual units they were composed of. On one Arnhem website, several small units are listed but with little or no info provided on them.

thanks

Hi there,
    Your best bet is buying It Never Snow In September by Robert J.Kershaw
    as evverthing you require in the appendices.Sorry but would take a lot of time to go through,hope that help's.
    Cheers Jamie

Comment

Hello Lee

This is a very good site with interesting information runned by a fellow forummember.

www.defendingarnhem.com

regards Erwin

Comment

Thank you, fella's. I have the book and I have looked at that website. The book is good but doesn't report on what I am looking for. The website lists the units but about a third of them don't have links for further information.

What really sparked my interest was the SS Wehrpass on e-stand that lists the man being killed on sept.22 1944 in Osterbeek. He belonged to SS Pz Jg (A) Abt 2. The website lists a SS I. G. Ausbildung Abt 2, which I assume is the same unit. But what Kampfgruppe or other SS unit did they fight with?

Thanks

Comment

Lee Luke,

To answer your question, which I think you already knew, but this unit did fight at Arnhem. It was based in Hilversum and commanded by SS-Sturmbannführer Eigler. The unit had Marders and towed Pak but it is believed only the Pak fought in Arnhem. The unit fought under Regt 'Knoche' during the later stages of the battle but most likely fought under Regt 'Lippert' and the NCO school as well. I hope that helps...by the way did you but the WP?

Cheers

Scott

PS - The website is getting a complete overall but seriously needs an update...
          Last edited by Revellations; 10-14-2008, 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thank very much!

Comment

Did you buy the Wehrpass or were you just thinking about it before it sold?

Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X