Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Stands of the Waffen-SS

Hey all!

Right now I am considering writing a research paper on historical last stands of units of the Waffen-SS (I/E pretty much to the death). Really any size unit would be worth mentioning. I can think of a few but what are some others that you can think of?

Here's what I have so far:
    -Norwegian SS-Skijaeger battalion in Karelia, Finland in 1943/44
    -Kampfgruppe Krause: 12-SS Panzer detachment near Falaise, 1944
    -11th-SS Nordland defenders of the Reichstag, in particular, the 3rd
    Reconnaissance Abt CO (who were Sweedish): Berlin, 1945

Anything else would be awsome!

Thanks

The two cavelry divisions in Budeapest
    Das Reich at Moscow
    Totenkopf at Demyansk pocket
    LAH 1st company at Karkov
    the list is endless
    Best jamie

Comment

endless, and as many Army as well

Comment

Norwegian SS-Skijaeger battalion in Karelia, Finland in 1943/44

I guess you're thinking of Kaprolat in the summer of '44? I don't know about calling it a 'last stand' it was just a case of an understrength unit out on a flank being flattened by a vastly superior enemy. Nothing special about it really in the larger scheme of things, happened to countless units Heer, SS, luftwaffwe or otherwise.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hmm....what about the 1st Co of the Leibstandarte at Kharkov? I haven't heard that one.

You all are right, the list in one way or another is endless.... I know about the SS Kavalrie divisions in Budapest and alot of other instances. I was wondering about actions which took place where members concientiously as a group kept fighting until being anihilated to 100%?

Comment

Hi,
            Lah 1st company 9.2.43-12.2.43 defence of Rogan most were killed or wounded.Three were supposed to av survied.If you want the full story Twelve Years With Hitler english version page 171 -173.
            Cheers Jamie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X