Luftwaffe J GR II/284

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe J GR II/284

Im looking for some info or links on the Luftwaffe J GR II/284, hope anyone can help me out here
    Regards
    Mats
    Last edited by Mappa; 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM.

Anyone

Comment

I am afraid "Luftwaffe J GR II/284" is meaningless gibberish. No one knows what it means, hence no responses.

Comment

Sorry, its just some stamps...Any info about Jagdgruppe II 284? Where were they stationed and when?
        Maybe at Mönchengladbach?
        The Best
        Mats
        Last edited by Mappa; 09-23-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

There was no such unit and never was. It's the "284" that is wrong. There was a I./JG 28 during the 1939-41 period, but it had no II. Gruppe. There was a Jagdgruppe II./JG 234 that existed between March 1937 and 1 May 1939, and that may be the one you are referring to. If so, it was based at Düsseldorf. On 1 May 1939 it was re-designated II./JG 26 "Schlageter".

Comment

Thank you; Larry for your info, maybe its 234, it also marked 1937, wasnt there a base at Mönchengladbach that later on were transferd to Holland?
            Best Regards
            Mats

Comment

Can't you just post a photo of whatever it is you see this designation on? It will save a lot of backwards and forwards
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Sorry Simon, i dont have any photos but its on chinstrap on a helmet that i dont own yet...

Larry; Where can i find more info, links etc about the Jagdgruppe II./JG 234 that existed between 1937 and 1939?

Best Regards
                Mats
                Last edited by Mappa; 09-23-2008, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Mats

I suggest that in the future, if you want help then give all relevant details. As Larry said, your initial question was meaningless, then you say something about stamps, that could mean postage stamps, documents stamps anything. Than you say 'its marked 1937' but you don't say what 'it' is or perhaps you expect people to be mind readers? Finally you tell us it's a stamp on a chin strap on a helmet you don't own.

Is it any wonder you're not getting much help?
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for your replay Simon, but now i just need more info, links etc about the Jagdgruppe II./JG 234 that existed between 1937 and 1939, some sort of database or is there any sites on the Web that i might check out about LW units?

Best Regards
                    Mats

Comment

These 3 books give JG 234's lineage:

Ries, Karl. Luftwaffen Story 1935-1939 (Mainz, 1974).
                      Tessin, Georg. Deutsche Verbände und Truppen 1918-1939: Altes Heer, Freiwilligenverbände, Reichswehr, Heer, Luftwaffe, Landespolizei (Osnabrück, 1974).
                      Völker, Karl-Heinz. Die deutsche Luftwaffe 1933-1939: Aufbau, Führung und Rüstung der Luftwaffe sowie Entwicklung der deutschen Luftkriegstheorie (Stuttgart, 1967).

This book provides a chapter (Chapter 1, pages 1-9) that covers the history of JG 234 from 1937 to 1939:

Caldwell, Donald. JG 26: Top Guns of the Luftwaffe (New York, 1991).

Comment

Thanks alot Larry
                        The books you listed are old and out of print and very hard to get...Do you know any liks to some sort for info on the Web?
                        Regards
                        Mats

Comment

Don't you know how to use internet search engines?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry deZeng View Post
                            Don't you know how to use internet search engines?
                            Yes i do, but i dont get the right info that im looking for, anyway i asking you guys here for a simple quiestion and all i get

Comment

This is the best LW OOB site on the net
                              http://www.ww2.dk/

All 3 of the books Larry mentions are available. The first two can be found by searching abebooks.com and Völker's book can be found offered several places by searching eurobuch.com

Mats

Your 'simple question' was in the first place wrong, be thankful that someone even bothered trying to guess what it was you actually meant. Once it was finally established what you're probably after you were pointed in the right direction for the information you're seeking. If you want more info than what you can find via google then its the books you want.
                              Last edited by Simon O.; 09-25-2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X