SS Flak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Flak

I'm wondering if the SS had Flak units in Holland. My Opa says that his uncle was a flak gunner during the war in Holland. I have a wedding picture of him and he's in an SS uniform, then I have another picture of him but it doesn't look like he's wearing an SS uniform. The picture is small so it's hard to make out any insignia except for the chevron on his left arm. I have a third picture of him that's small as well where he's standing beside a flak gun but the clothes he's wearing has no insignia on it at all.

SS Flak

Hello

In Holland there were some shooting ranges for Flak. For example in Den Helder and in Hardawijk. I know for sure that the SS-FlakAbt 12 was with some batteries there in the end of 1943 and the beginning of 1944.
    If I could take a glimpse on the picture, I think I will be able to detect some more information. Also I have collected about 800 names of former members of the unit mentioned above. If you whant, you can tell me the name of your uncle and I will check if he was a member or not.

Maybe the shooting ranges were used by other WSS Flak units, too.

Greetings,

andernach

Comment

Don't forget SS-Flak Abt. 9 and 10 during the late summer and autumn of 1944 when they were heavily engaged in the Market Garden operation.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I apologize for the length of time it's taken me to respond. His name was Ernst Soltau. Two of the pictures are small. The top small picture, he is the guy on the right, not the guy in the LW uniform. That guy was his cousin; he was KIA some time during the war. I don't have the original copy of the two small one’s, my Opa has them.
        Last edited by 415; 11-04-2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Tessin gives only one information on a SS-Flak unit in Holland:

Clingendaal : SS-Flak Btl. Clingendaal since 2 Nov 44

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X