loking for my Grandfather last uinit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loking for my Grandfather last uinit

Hello everybody,i loking for information of my Grandfather,he was in Kriegsmarine to sept/okt 1944 he was Maschinist there, i have his dog tag and the number is Rudolf Reiter 0.1602/38T, i have his papaers from Deutsche Dienststelle and there i can see his decorations, but i can see that he was tranform to 3.kompanie Reserveoffizierbewerber-Bataillon 3 xxI,he was killed in combat in Kempen/Wartherland (Polen) can anyone tel me about this unit and were did this unit go?

And werry eager Norwegian.

Originally posted by Norway View Post
    Hello everybody,i loking for information of my Grandfather,he was in Kriegsmarine to sept/okt 1944 he was Maschinist there, i have his dog tag and the number is Rudolf Reiter 0.1602/38T, i have his papaers from Deutsche Dienststelle and there i can see his decorations, but i can see that he was tranform to 3.kompanie Reserveoffizierbewerber-Bataillon 3 xxI,he was killed in combat in Kempen/Wartherland (Polen) can anyone tel me about this unit and were did this unit go?
    And werry eager Norwegian.

R.O.B. Bataillon 3/XXI (Reserve Officer Applicant Battalion 3/XXI), was established in November 1944 in Gnesen (Gniezno)/45 km ENE of Poznań in Wehrkreis XXI, Reichsgau Warthegau (Wartheland). It was re-designated Kampfgruppe 3/XXI on 16.1.1945, just four days after the Russians opened their powerful winter offensive along the Vistula and began advancing westward toward Wartheland. Kampfgruppe 3/XXI consisted of 666 officers and men organized in 4 Kompanien (companies). It was ordered to immediately deploy to the B 1 Stellung of Wartheübergänge Ost (defensive position B 1 of the Wartheland intermediate defense line East). The B 1 Stellung was in the vicinity of Litzmannstadt (Łódź), but this was overrun by the Soviets before Kampfgruppe 3/XXI could get there. The Kampfgruppe, along with many other German units, fell back toward Poznań and over the next few weeks were rolled over and destroyed.

WASt says your grandfather was KIA in Kampen/Wartheland. That village today has the Polish name Kepno, of which there are two in Poland: (1) Kepno/115.6 km south-west of Łódź along the line of retreat toward Breslau (Wrocław), and (2) Kepno/149.3 km north-west of Poznań along the line of retreat toward Stettin (Szczecin). Which one of these is the correct Kampen (Kepno) is unknown to me.

--Larry

Comment

Hello

Thank you werry much, this was werry helpfull to me and now i have more information of my Grandfather and where i shall look for him, tanks agene, Greetings from North Norway.

Comment

Loking for my Grandfather

I have lots of information of my Grandfather, but i need some pictures of his uniform,the pictures i have is from his earlis days of his carieer, when he was in Straalsund in Kriegsmarine shoule,he was in the Kriegsmarine intil November 44,he had then been in Kriegsmarine since 1938 in april,dosnt he get the 4 years service medal?Have enyone some picture of this medal?His rank in Kriegsmarine was Marchinist, thos enyone have picture of a uniform whith rank of a Marchinist?

Comment

Heisann

Var bestefaren din i Nord Norge? I så fall kan jeg spør hvilken enhet?

hilsen fra Nordens Paris
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hei,beklager den seine responsen men har hatt en del data problemer, han var i Kriegsmarine i Narvik(Havenshutsflotilla) han dro til Tyskland sent i 44 for å gå videre på ofisersskole men havnet i stedet i en feltweber batalion og kom der ettet til polen hvor han mistet livet.har du en bestefar som var i Norge? jeg har i dag kontakt med broren hans i Tyskland

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X