Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3. Feldgendarmerie Abt mot 696

Hello,

Who can inform me about this company? They were fighting in Russia. I've heard they were fighting with the SS company Wicking.

They were fighting against the russian partisans.

I hope some one can help me and give me some information.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

There are lots and lots of books and articles on Wiking:

Strassner, Peter. Europäische Freiwillige: Die Geschichte der 5. SS-Panzerdivision WIKING. Osnabrück: Munin Verlag, 1977. ISBN: 3-921242-04-5. Hb. Dj. 448p. Illus. Maps. Appendices. Bibliography.

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=1978

Since there is no published history for that Feld-Gend.Abt., you may have to approach it through the division. You might also try this book:

WITTER, Robert E. Chain Dogs: The German Army Military Police of World War II. Missoula (MT): Pictorial Histories Publications Co., c.1994. 112p. UB825.G3 W57. [Provides assignment listings for all Feldgendarmerietrupps and is the only published source of this info.]

Comment

Thanks for the info. But (3. Feldgendarmerie Abt mot 696) this company or batalion or i don't know what, has fight a couple times with the SS company Wicking. I heard they did but i am not sure.

I can buy a lot of documents from 3. Feldgendarmerie Abt mot 696 but i never heard of it.

But they where fighting against the russian partisans. I hope some one can confirm that and give me some info.

Comment

Feldgendarmerie abt. 696 was an army level unit that operated with the 4 armee in '41 then the 2 armee in 42\43 before being sent to Greece in '44.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...truppen/FG.htm

As such it could have operated alongised elements of any units within those armies.

Documents to a Feldgendarmerie unit are sought after.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

What means sought after?

That they are rare or...

Sorry i am good in english but some words i just don't know..

Comment

It means feldgendarmerie documents are of interest and are collectable. What's in the group?
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Does no one have more information about this group? Because i can't find any information about it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Tom

Comment

Tom, that's quite an obscure formation you're asking about. It's not the kind of unit that will appear in most published works unless it was worthy of particular mention in any books dealing with rear area security and anti-partisan operations.

If you want to research the unit then I'm sure you can find at least some information about it, it's just a matter of how much time and effort you wish to put into it and your best bet would be the relevant archives at NARA.

You might also try asking on the Axis History forum, there are more researchers and historians there than here at WAF.

Comment

Oke thanks,

I will try the Axis History Forum.

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X