Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infanterie Regiment 104

Hello
    I'm searching informations about the IR104 during the France campaign, specially the cities crossed in may 40.
    I searched on google and LdW but nothing very specific.
    Thank you very much
    Best regards
    Fred

I.R. 104 belonged to 33. Inf.Div. in May-June 1940. Here is the divisional history where you will find all the answers to your questions:

Division Sintzenich (= 33. Infanterie-Division). Erlebnisberichte aus dem Feldzug in Frankreich 1940 - Hptm. H. Müller, ca. 1941
    H. Müller - Division Sintzenich: Erlebnisberichte aus dem Feldzug in Frankreich 1940

Comment

Hello and thank you for your answer.
      However, I'm searching something more specific than this on it's path in France during the invasion.
      Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
        Hello and thank you for your answer.
        However, I'm searching something more specific than this on it's path in France during the invasion.
        Fred
        You have read the divisional history by Hptm. H. Müller and it does not include details on the division's campaign path across France in May-June 1940?? That's very interesting and very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry deZeng View Post
          You have read the divisional history by Hptm. H. Müller and it does not include details on the division's campaign path across France in May-June 1940?? That's very interesting and very strange.
          But, since it fought side by side with other units some information can be found.
          Another but, since I'm going to move soon, al my books are stuffed away. however lucky you I forgot my 4. Pz. history and what do we read:

16. Armee Korps
          ===========
          33 ID holds the line Dompierre - Barleux in front of the "Weygand Line" with the French 19. Div.
          4. AK will attack the heights of Méry (50km SSW Péronne), with 3Pz on the right, 33 ID on the left and 4Pz behind 33 ID.

33 ID is ordered to attack and take the heights on both sides of Marchélepot.

33 ID attacks with 2 Inf. Rgts. and supported by AR103. All goed pretty well until 33 ID arrives south of Villers. Then the attack is stopped. Although heavy fire from German side the enemy won't give up his fortified positions in Fresnes, Mazancourt, Misery and Licourt.. To worsen things, the French arty that seemed week now opens fire big-time. 4.Pz. is ordered to brake through the French lines and 33 ID has to follow-up. When night falls parts of 4.Pz. stand 15km into the Weylandline. 33 ID stand near Misery and in the Northern part of Licourt.

Comment

Thank you very much, it's perfect
            Fred

Comment

If you want more information you might like to order copies of the division's records from NARA (see pinned thread on this forum). There's only 1 roll for the 33 ID and most of it seems to cover the period after the French campaing and prior to it converting to the 15 Pz.Div. A better alternative might be to look at the records of it's parent Korps in May.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X