griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??Oberst of the Artillery - German Cross holder - who is he??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??Oberst of the Artillery - German Cross holder - who is he??

I need your help.

I have just received a tailor enhanced M42 EM/NCO tunic that belonged to an Oberst of the German Artillery who obviously was a holder of the German Cross (grade unknown). The tunic came out of a deceased US vets footlocker and has never been in a collection.

I would like to narrow down who it may have belonged to, if at all possible?

Here are the facts I can give you.

He was a W.W. I vet as the loops on his left breast pocket are for the 1914 EKI, 1939 clasp to the EKI, a qualification badge, and a wound badge.

On the left pocket are loops for a German Cross (unless it is for a Spanish Cross??).

When looking under the shoulderboards there are three holes. One in the middle of the pips, which I am assuming was for a number cypher (which was probably a single digit).

The second button hole has an Ostfront medal ribbon in place.

Will this help those in the know??

Thanks,

Chuck
    Last edited by vonStubben; 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM.

In short chuck, No. You say you're not even sure the loops are for a DK and could be for a Spanish cross (or some other form of decoration that went on that side like the turkish iron half moon).

The only thing i can think of that might help would be if it was known exactly where and when the tunic was aquired. From that it might just be possible to work out who could have owned it.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
      In short chuck, No. You say you're not even sure the loops are for a DK and could be for a Spanish cross (or some other form of decoration that went on that side like the turkish iron half moon).

The only thing i can think of that might help would be if it was known exactly where and when the tunic was aquired. From that it might just be possible to work out who could have owned it.
      Thank you Simon. I figured it would be a long shot and since the vet has been long deceased we will never know where it was picked up.

Thanks,

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X