Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Unit Id

Need help with this one. what is or was "FLAK-W.T.S.I." what ever it was
    this person or group was with them 13.2.43--3.8.44. Any ideas?
    Regards, Ed.
    Ed. Anderson,Jr.
    The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

That's not in any abbreviations glossary that I have nor have I ever encountered it before, and I have been researching the Flakartillerie for 25 years now. I don't know what you took that from, but it might help if you could shoot it or scan it so it would be possible to look for a contextual connection.

Comment

This is on the blade of a machine shop made Luft 1st style letter opener.
      Full context as it is written.

"Fur treue Mitarbiet
      13.2.43--3.8.44 Flak -W.T.S.I."
      Regards, Ed.
      Ed. Anderson,Jr.
      The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

O.K. Unfortunately, it wasn't much help. What I can tell you is that it's not a unit. It's someting like:

Flak - Waffen technische Sonder-Inspektorat (Special Technical Inspectorate for Flak Weapons and/or Ordnance).

I am not saying that's it, but it's close. It would have been an office in the Flak branch at RLM in Berlin, and probably consisted of traveling teams of technical inspectors who visited factories involved in the manufacturing of Flak weapons and ordnance. The personnel would have been both military and civilian, mostly the latter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X