Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberleutnant Heinz Loehr DKiG

Hi Everyone,

I just wondered if anyone can give me any info on recipient of the German Cross in Gold, Oberleutnant Heinz Loehr?

For example, who he served with? Unfortunately, I don't have any of the DKiG lists.

Thanks,
    Toby.

Which branch - Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine?

There was a Heinrich Löhr who was an Oblt. and then a Hptm. by war's end. He was awarded the DKiG on 11.05.1942 as a Batterie-Chef in a Flak-Abt. He later became the Ia of the 1. Flak-Brigade.

So, if this isn't him, then he was probably in the Heer. Unfortunately, I do not have the Heer list.

Comment

Hi Larry,

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if it is him or not. I have a letter to his parents, dated 12 August 1942, from the Commander of the Wehrbezirks (Hagen), congratulating them on the bestowal of the DKiG to their son.

Does the timeline seem about right to you?

Best regards,
      Toby.

Comment

Hi Toby -

No, the use of the term Wehrbezirk (military district) means he was in the Heer (Army). The guy in my previous post was Luftwaffe. Sorry.

--Larry

Comment

Thanks Larry. I should have spotted the clue! Oh well, won't make that mistake a second time.

Best,
          Toby.

Comment

Hi Toby, theres no Heinz Loehr in the published Heer DKiG holders list. As has recently been discussed here, however, this list is not 100% comprehensive

Comment

Originally posted by tenoriodj View Post
              Hi Toby, theres no Heinz Loehr in the published Heer DKiG holders list. As has recently been discussed here, however, this list is not 100% comprehensive
              Thank you for checking for me.

Best,
              Toby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X