• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Tag "Fahr Ers. Schwadron 225"

Hello:

According to the deutsche Dienststelle, my grandfather's E-Marke reads

"Fahr Ers. Schwadr. 225"

Does the 225 pertain to 225. ID? He was from Hamburg and this Division was formed in Hamburg also, but his military records shows nothing of this unit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Erich Craciun

Originally posted by erichcraciun
    Hello:

According to the deutsche Dienststelle, my grandfather's E-Marke reads

"Fahr Ers. Schwadr. 225"

Does the 225 pertain to 225. ID? He was from Hamburg and this Division was formed in Hamburg also, but his military records shows nothing of this unit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Erich Craciun
    The "Ers." on the tag refers to a replacement unit, not the actual unit he may have been a part of. Each replacement unit usually sent troops to specific units, so if you have the proper information you can find you which unit it would have supplied. This would explain why it doesn't match his military records however. Dog tags were issued when you first joined, so many, many are stamped with an Ers (Ersatz).

Comment

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the reply. I have done quite a bit of research and know all the units he served in and throught that research I see that the information provided to me by the Dienststelle and Krankenbuchlager is not 100% correct/complete. He is missing in action and will be doing some searching in that area soon.

Thank you for the reply.

Erich

Originally posted by ccs
      The "Ers." on the tag refers to a replacement unit, not the actual unit he may have been a part of. Each replacement unit usually sent troops to specific units, so if you have the proper information you can find you which unit it would have supplied. This would explain why it doesn't match his military records however. Dog tags were issued when you first joined, so many, many are stamped with an Ers (Ersatz).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X