Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of Britian Grave info?

Hi Guys
    I am interested to know if there is a website or place that has listed the Luftwaffe grave names on English soil during WW2?
    I am trying to find out if a Franz Henkel from 1./Kampf Geschwader 26 was killed during the Battle of Britian?
    Any help would be GREAT,
    Thanks
    Glenn.

Hi Ned
    You can use the Volksbund search engine to look up names. If Franz is listed you'll find out when he died and where he's buried.

Volksbund database

Hope this helps

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I have made the research in the volksbund archive for you, but there is no Franz Henkel buried that can interest you....
      Sorry....
      Luca

Comment

Glenn
        I'm back with my books now so i checked the casualty roll for KG26 in "Achtung-Torpedo los!" the unit's history.

Feldwebel Franz Henkel along with his crew mates, Oberfeldwebel Otto Poser, Feldwebel Heinz-Heinrich Hatlapa and Unteroffizier Bernhard Schulte are listed as 'lost-captured' on the 3 June 1940 off the coast of North Norway near Narvik. None of the 4 men are listed as dead in the volksbund database.

Hope this helps

Simon
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Again I am astounded at the info I recieve back from you all.
          .He was awarded the EK1 3 days before going missing!
          I was hoping that he was involved in the battle of Britian but this is just as interesting,Thank you
          Glenn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X