KIA OberLt. Heinz Baumann Oise/Aisne Canal 1940

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIA OberLt. Heinz Baumann Oise/Aisne Canal 1940

Hello does anyone have anything in a ObLt. Heinz Baumann killed in Saint Leger June 5th 1940 probably St. Leger NW of Soissons. He may have been with the 98th Gebirgs, 1 Gebirgs division. His body was moved to Bourdon in the 1960s from somewhere. It would be nice to know the original burial location as well.

Thanks in advance.

John

You have the '39 lists John so you know about as much as I. It'd be worth looking through the divisional history. Alternatively, the records of the 1 GD with NARA are quite complete for 1940 so a trawl through the combat reports of the Ia i'm sure would turn up some info.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
      You have the '39 lists John so you know about as much as I. It'd be worth looking through the divisional history. Alternatively, the records of the 1 GD with NARA are quite complete for 1940 so a trawl through the combat reports of the Ia i'm sure would turn up some info.
      Thanks, these guys are hard to find with common names. I may contact Rob for the NARA stuff.

Comment

John,

As you probably already know, he doesn't appear in the NARA HEER file, nor supplementals.

How certain are you that he was 1st Gebirgs? The combat reports would be the place to try next, unless of course the unit association isn't guaranteed.

Comment

He's listed as belonging to 2./GJR 98 in the Jan.39 ranklist.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X