Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD Poland January 1945?

Originally posted by BHS1956 View Post
    A most commendable contribution, Manuel! I contratulate you. The only thing missing is a listing of the hundreds and hundreds of RAD units that were deployed in the UdSSR to work on roads, fortifications and other construction projects
    Would there be any way of finding out which RAD units were in Poland in January of 1945? I know someone who did his RAD service in Poland in early 1945 and marched 6 days from Lodz (Litzmannstadt) to Stettin (Szczecin) during the Soviet winter offensive of 1945. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin View Post
      RAD-Abteilung M/302 wein 2.2.1942-19.2.1942/4.6.1942-16.6.1942/30.7.1942-21.8.1942
      WEIN musst stand for WIEN
      isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert93 View Post
        Would there be any way of finding out which RAD units were in Poland in January of 1945? I know someone who did his RAD service in Poland in early 1945 and marched 6 days from Lodz (Litzmannstadt) to Stettin (Szczecin) during the Soviet winter offensive of 1945. TIA.
        Not that I know of. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry deZeng View Post
          Not that I know of. Sorry.
          Thanks for answering (and confirming what I feared).

Comment

I Looking for info about units:

RAD K 3/376 (propably Flak Batterie near Stettin)
            RAD 3/373

Grtgs
            Domino

Comment

List of RAD units

Hello Larry deZeng,

Do you have any more information about the document mentioned below?
              I am specially interested in number and name of the unit based Wittstock, Arbeitsgau IX, Brandenburg-West 1944/45.

Thank you,
              Horst

Originally posted by BHS1956 View Post
              The E.D.S. (European Documents Section) of Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force, Evaluation and Dissemination Section G-2 (Counter Intelligence Sub-Division) published a Basic Handbook on the Reicharbeitsdienst in spring 1945. It was classified SECRET and ran over 300 pages. Like the other handbooks in this series on the NSKK, the Organisation Todt, the German Police, etc., it was based on captured documents and other intelligence. The one on the RAD lists each and every RAD unit down to the smallest with their location and commanders. I think this document is available on microfilm from NARA WashDC.

--BHS 1956

Comment

Hi Horst,

I do not have the book. When I said it was published, I meant mimeographed for internal distribution within intelligence channels at command level. There were probably 300 copies made, I would guess. To my knowledge, it has never been reproduced and published commercially. There are copies at NARA WashDC, U.S. Army Military History Center at Carlisle Barracks in Pennsylvania, at the British National Archives in London, as well as a few other repositories. Here is some contact information for NARA WashDC:

NARA:
                http://www.archives.gov/
                NARA’s guide to captured records is available here:
                http://www.sturmpanzer.com/Default.a...1&item=2&sec=1
                Guide to buying microfilm records from NARA:
                http://www.archives.gov/research/cap....html#virginia

http://www.archives.gov/research/ord...film-pubs.html

I would suggest that you e-mail them and inquire about obtaining a copy of the book on microfilm, or preferably on a CD-ROM. The can also print a copy for you, although that can be very expensive.

--Larry

Comment

Hi All,

Does anyone know the location of R.A.D abteilung/gruppe?:

2/312
                  4/164
                  8/164

Couldn't find them in the list.

Any info is welcome. I am asking this as I recently got a R.A.D photo album and it has these abteilungen in it. I am trying to get my hands on a other R.A.D photo album as well but the owner (dealer and collector) doesn't want to part with it YET The album has the owner's medals and cuff title in it as well. (pasted)

Thanks.

Rick
                  Our Mothercross project website:

sigpic

http://dasmutterkreuz.com/

Comment

Guys i have spent the last few months serching the US government archives for RAD related material.I have spent many hours and alot of money gathering material includeing '"The E.D.S. (European Documents Section) of Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force, Evaluation and Dissemination Section G-2 (Counter Intelligence Sub-Division) published a Basic Handbook on the Reicharbeitsdienst in spring 1945. It was classified SECRET and ran over 300 pages. Like the other handbooks in this series on the NSKK, the Organisation Todt, the German Police, etc., it was based on captured documents and other intelligence. The one on the RAD lists each and every RAD unit down to the smallest with their location"basically i have managed to gather hundreds of documents with a wealth of information on individual RAD abteilung includeing those sationed in Russia and France and later transferred to military units..it is going to take me months to organize my material and update my RAD abteilung lists (i have the information in 3 locations right now ,desktop computer,laptop computer and in paper copies from NARA)i am noticeing alot of the units listed on our WAF unit lists are prewar locations,a large number of RAD units moved location during the war,a number ended up in france in 1943-44 working on costal defences and were later transferred into combat units after the allied invasion-i will do my best to look for any information on RAD abteilungs you have questions about.for those who asked questions about RAD abteilung in this thread this is what i have so far just looking over one part of my NARA documents (from the G-2 handbook)

Horst-abteilung 3/92 was in wittstock ,please email me at Radcollector@aol.com , my email address changed when i moved and had to switch intranet providers.i hope to be able to help you more with your search.

Rick-2/312 was in speyer then zweibrucken (it was last identified in this location in february 1943)there is no information listed in the G-2 handbook on abteilung 4/164 or 8/164 i will check some other files and documents for info about these on saturday when i have a day off.

Domino-abteilung 3/373 was located in Bilins and then sent to Russsia attached to gebeirgskorp Norwegen in july 1943
                    abteilung 3/376 was in marschendorf (last identified in that location on january 1943)

Comment

I do not have the book. When I said it was published, I meant mimeographed for internal distribution within intelligence channels at command level. There were probably 300 copies made, I would guess. To my knowledge, it has never been reproduced and published commercially. There are copies at NARA WashDC, U.S. Army Military History Center at Carlisle Barracks in Pennsylvania, at the British National Archives in London, as well as a few other repositories. Here is some contact information for NARA WashDC:

NARA:
                      http://www.archives.gov/
                      NARA’s guide to captured records is available here:
                      http://www.sturmpanzer.com/Default.a...1&item=2&sec=1
                      Guide to buying microfilm records from NARA:
                      http://www.archives.gov/research/cap....html#virginia

http://www.archives.gov/research/ord...film-pubs.html

I would suggest that you e-mail them and inquire about obtaining a copy of the book on microfilm, or preferably on a CD-ROM. The can also print a copy for you, although that can be very expensive.

guys just to add to what Larry said once you find the file location of the documents you are looking for (the hard part!)you have to pay someone to see if it is suitable for reprodution they will quote you a price-there is a .55 cents a page fee for photocopies (it adds up fast,i could have bought some nice pieces for the collection for what i paid for copies of documents!)and a 4-8 week wait and for microfilm it will cost you more than that and there is a 6-8 month wait because of the amount of requests they have for material,alot of the material i was looking for could not be copied to CD rom for whatever reason (they told me they dont make CD roms?)
                      Last edited by Radcollector; 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

i just finished updateing my computer files,i would say i have locations now for 80-85% of RAD units,includeing a large number of RAD units in Russia ,France etc.

BTW in still searching for info on the last 15-20% of units locations so if you have any information at all please send me a PM or email.

Comment

hello yancy,

your work sounds very promising.
                          do you have plans to publish the list you have created?

i am looking for info on the units 4/300 and 8/300, can you help?
                          10/300 was in königsfeld/ilm.

best regards,
                          taube.

Comment

Hello,

i have nothing regarding pre war or early war location only that both 4/300 and 8/300 along with all of RAD gruppe 300 were transferred to Rouen France in February 1944,the commander of the RAD gruppe 300 was Arbeitsfuhrer Wilhelm Ruckenrod (in april 1944 RAD Abteilung 1/300 was transferred to France and renamed 3/S.FLAK.Abt.672)-Abteilung 10/300 was also in Wolnzach in 1941 and it too was transferred to Rouen France in Feb.1944

as for publishing the Unit list,i have thought about publishing a complete list when i am finished or scanning just the G-2 handbook with its partial unit list for collectors or possibly someday writting a more detailed RAD book since non are available in English besides Angolias "Labor orginizations of the Reich" and that isnt just a RAD book but more of a basic guide to the RAD.supposedly Michael Jonas from germany is wriiting a RAD book that is supposed to be done this year that will contain the RAD unit list but im not sure when it will be done or what language it will be in.
                            Last edited by Radcollector; 02-10-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

i also forgot to ask do you have a date that abteilung 10/300 was in königsfeld/ilm?

Comment

hello yancy,

the info on 10/300 derives from a post card.

unfortunately, that does note define the date of the location...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X