Erich Koch / Marine-Stammregiment Beverloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erich Koch / Marine-Stammregiment Beverloo

I picked up some photos and from writing on the reverses I found out he was named "Erich Koch" of Marine-StammRegiment Beverloo in February 1942.

Can someone please do some reseach on this person for me please? or direct me as to where I can find it?

thanks

Tony

Well I'd try www.feldgrau.com first of all, but I have some possible info. I know a Hans Koch who has rescently passed away that fought for the Germans during World War II. Koch is probably a common name so it will probably not help. I'd try that website though.

Comment

You could try the Deutsche Dienstelle if you really want to try and get the guy's career history.

http://www.dd-wast.de/

It's a common name and the guy was more than likely just an ordinary sailor that joined the KM ca. late 1941.

You can ask on Feldgrau or the Axis History Forum but i wouldn't hold your breath.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thank you guys.

do you think knowing the date and "Marine-Stammregiment Beverloo" would be sufficient to identify such a common name?

I'll post some pix of the guy...nothing special but you can tell he was a dandy and enjoy his uniforms. He posed for 3 different ones and did a portrait for his tropical.

Tony

Comment

pix

thanks again for your help..here are pix as promised of Herr Koch with his different uniforms.
          Attached Files

Comment

Stammregiment

and here he is..middle row, first person on left of pix. may be hard to tell but notice how oddly he bends his cap eagle.
            Attached Files

Comment

The photo of him in tropical uniform is interesting. It indicates he was posted to the Mediterranean or Black Sea, which narrows things down a fair bit.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

med

I did some more poking around and on the tropical uniform photos (same picture as shown before but one large and one small version) I have the following written on the back.

Perhaps someone can translate what is written. BTW, I understood the name to be signed 'Erich'..that's how I came up with the first name. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, on the large photo, I looked at the photographer's stamp under scrutiny and it says "Port Vendre" which is located on the French Mediterranean coast almost on the border with Spain (touche Simon!). He dated it June 1943.

Tony

here's the writing on the large pix
                Attached Files

Comment

small rev

here's the writing on the small version of the tropical photo.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi entasis,

on the back of the picture ist written:

Zur Erinnerung an meine Zeit bei der Kriegsmarine am Mittelmeer Juni 1943
                    Erwin

As a souvenir on my time with the navy in the Mediterranean
                    June 1943 Erwin

Gerdan

Comment

On the back of the 2nd photograph is written:

Meinem "Häschen" gewidmet
                      Dein Erwin
                      Juni 1943

To my "Bunny" ,
                      dedicated from
                      Your Erwin
                      June 1943

Comment

thx

Gerdan,

thank you for you translation..so much for my reading of 'Erich'...it's actually 'Erwin'.

I hope I read that 'Koch' right :-)

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X