- 13/Flak III/12

- 1/FlakZg 10

DOGTAG:
    - Erk. Marke 34174

Any help apriciated.
    Last edited by Ypenburg; 03-02-2007, 05:03 PM. Reason: Units added

Go to:

http://www.ww2.dk/

In the menu, click on Ground Units > Flak > Flak-Abteilungen for 341 and 304, and Flak-Regiment for 12.

Your 1./Flakzug 10 is the 1. Flaktrupp (10 to 12 men) of Flakzug 10 (Flak Platoon 10 - c.40 men). These units are too small for you to find anything on them. Flakzug 10 belonged to larger units and unless you know the identity of them there is nothing that can be done.

Comment

Thanks for that info, now I know something about the units they were in.
      Now I just have to find out how those men got involved in Holland may 1940.

Shouldn't be to hard.....

Comment

Hello Ypenburg,

Did you find more information Holland related?

I presume 13/Flak III/12 is 13./(III)Scheinwerfer/Flak-Regiment 12 ? This one was active in France Jun.40, but was not in Holland May 40. Other units were also not in Holland as I see it.

KR,
        Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Those units are related to 4 KIA near Delft 1940. The're presumed to be members of Flak-Bataillon Kohlhaas(22 ID(LL)), from 24.05/1940 Fla-Btl. (mot) 22.

However the best source about Fla-Btl. 22 (Fla-Btl (mot) 22 - Seine Geschichte) says "....... kam von der Luftwaffe die 5./263 als Personalbatterie, und als ortsfeste Flak die 4./323.

As they were KIA near Delft, or wounded near Delft and later died, and the only Fla-members known to landed near Delft were Hptm. Kohlhaas and 11 Stabsangeh******246;rige(according to the book 6 got wounded) in a emergancy-landing, they prop. belonged to Fla-Btl Kohlhaas.

So either the units I mentioned were carfed in the dogtags of the KIA, or ..........

That's what I'm surching for.

Comment

Hello,

Yes I understand it now. The units you mentioned were the units where they served before. And since these units are not Holland related you try to find out how they got transferred to a unit that was in Holland May 40 (like the 22.ID). Are these men burried in Holland (Ijsselstein?) or do you only have the tags without the names?

Peter

Comment

There burried in Ijsselstein, I'm just a paper-grog who needs info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ypenburg View Post
                Hello Peter,

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Those units are related to 4 KIA near Delft 1940. The're presumed to be members of Flak-Bataillon Kohlhaas(22 ID(LL)), from 24.05/1940 Fla-Btl. (mot) 22.

However the best source about Fla-Btl. 22 (Fla-Btl (mot) 22 - Seine Geschichte) says "....... kam von der Luftwaffe die 5./263 als Personalbatterie, und als ortsfeste Flak die 4./323.

As they were KIA near Delft, or wounded near Delft and later died, and the only Fla-members known to landed near Delft were Hptm. Kohlhaas and 11 Stabsangehörige(according to the book 6 got wounded) in a emergancy-landing, they prop. belonged to Fla-Btl Kohlhaas.

So either the units I mentioned were carfed in the dogtags of the KIA, or ..........

That's what I'm surching for.
                Hi, I found a note in national archive uk 1 man (no name given) landed from holland, captured at Hague landed by ju 52 from hq staff kohlass Bn army flak. Identity disc 5.R.FLak.abt.263.
                Regards
                David

Comment

Originally posted by Ypenburg View Post
                  As I'm investigating some KIA, I'm looking for info about :

- leichte Res Flak 341

- Res Fla Abt 304 and

- 13/Flak III/12

- 1/FlakZg 10
                  Are these dogtag inscriptions?
                  If so, that doesn't meant that they were in those units in The Netherlands. The soldiers could have been transferred to other units after their dogtag was issued.
                  You cannot research much with only dogtag inscriptions. Some soldiers got transferred to other units allot.

EDIT: i now see that this thread is very old...
                  I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                  Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                  My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X