Inf officers tunic name help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inf officers tunic name help

Can any one help with reading this name http://web.iwebcenters.com/grenadier...tem158130.ctlg

I think it is Fuf Ltu Homaun, maybe for Fahnenjunker Leutnant Homaun, I dont believe this guy would make the 39 rank list but maybe if that is his name the he will be in the 44. I could be way off on this though any other ideas?
    Thank you.

I would read the family name HOMANN.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you

Gerdan,
      Thank you for the feedback! Do you have any thoughts on the rank or abbreviations?

Comment

Hi sammler,

I read "Inf." (for Infanterie) and "Ltn" (Leutnant ?). But with Ltn I am not sure.

Sorry, I did my best.
        Gerdan

Comment

That really helps!! It never occured to me that the tailor would put Inf in his name ! The "n'" looks like a u to me so I have a much better understanding of it now.
          Thank you Gerdan

Comment

I agree with Gerdan! Nice tunic, the yellow twist on the right shoulder board i guess is for batallion colours within the regiment!?
            Petrus

Comment

Hello,
              I believe the band denotes a regiment within the battalion. I am going to start researching the name and hopefully I can find something with a Hamburg connection. Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X