Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle Shields and Panzer Troops

x
    Last edited by CSP; 06-04-2009, 06:09 PM.
    CSP

sigpic

None at Narvik Scott.....BUT, i have seen one photo of an SS soldier in black panzer uniform with the Narvik shield. He had been a sailor on one of the destroyers at the time and later transferred to the W-SS. A former driver of Hitler's pre-war i believe though i don't recall the name.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

x
      Last edited by CSP; 06-04-2009, 06:08 PM.
      CSP

sigpic

Comment

As far as Narvik goes, i'm always on the look out for docs to some of the smaller, more unusual units represented there. For example a detachment from I./Flak Rgt.32 was present but i've yet to find an urkunde to a member of that unit. Some few panzerjäger were present i believe, from Geb.Pz.Ab. abt. 48 but we're talking a handful. The French had a few tanks present and the British sent some Vickers light tanks but they went down along with the ship they were on.

As for Kreta, i actually have a photo of one of the Pz.II sent to the island, taken by a gebirgsjäger. I'm on the look out for Kreta docs, or groupings to members of the 6 Geb.Div. that were involved.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
          None at Narvik Scott.....BUT, i have seen one photo of an SS soldier in black panzer uniform with the Narvik shield. He had been a sailor on one of the destroyers at the time and later transferred to the W-SS. A former driver of Hitler's pre-war i believe though i don't recall the name.
          Hi Simon, I read this last thing last night and it bugged me as I had forgot his name too. I could picture the photo as well. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Anyway, I have remembered it now. His name was Karl Wilhelm Krause. He served in the KM from 1931 and in 1934 joined Hitlers personal staff (LAH)as an orderly and bodyguard. Hilter sacked him over a row over a bottle of spring water which he gave to Adolf as mineral water He went back to the KM but ended the war in an SS armoured flak unit.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

That's the chap! Thanks for managing to remember Ade

Comment

Panzer - Cholmshield

Hello,

There where no actual panzer units (aka Panzers inside the Cholm encirclement) . However one should not be surprised to see at some point a Panzerman with a Cholmshield on his arm. How is this possible ?

Well, Cholm did had besides complete units that where trapped also stragglers from different small units who did reach Cholm during the beginning days of the encirlement. Then you also had members of the A.A. 218 trapped => Some are known to have been transfered towards real Panzer units.

Hope that this does clarify the situation a bit
              my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X