Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research Help - 116th Pz Div - The Aberjona Press Book

Hi all,

I hope I have put this in the right area but need some assistance regarding my research. Reading From Normandy to the Ruhr: With the 116th Panzer Division in WWII (The Aberjona Press) and the author, Heinz Günther Guderian, made mention of a battle in which he referred to a diary of an officer. This diary is referenced in the apendix.

My question - is it possible to get a copy of the diary. Who holds all Guderian's research material - family or Aberjona Press? I know that the General past in 2004 but I assume he had family.

I would appreciate any help, comment or direction on this subject.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Aberjona published the English translations, they did not have the supporting materials on which the book was based. Before he died, H.G. Guderian told me that he had already turned over some of his stuff to the Bundesarchiv. I had been hoping to see a photo album of his again which he had showed me previously.
    I would assume that if the diary you mention was in his possession - or at least a copy - then it would have ended up with the rest of his Nachlass at the Bundesarchiv. There is a Nachlass listed for H G Guderian at the BAMA, but I am not aware if its current accessibility. Sometimes a Nachlass will be unavailable while it is being processed and since the BAMA is not a profit-making organization, they are in no hurry.
    Alternately, the diary may be available through the vet org for the 116.PD.

Comment

Good luck with the search

Comment

Thank you very much for the insight. As sson as a read your post I realised that Aberjona translated the original work and therefore the diary would not be there (don't write posts at midnight). I will contact the Bundesarchiv to see if I have any luck. I will also try the 116 Vet org at the same time. Does anyone have their address?

Thank you for the assistance on this subject!!!

Cheers

Scott

Comment

Does anyone have the address(s) of the veterans organisation of the 116 Pz Div?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X