Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordkaukasisches Infanterie Battalion 803

Hello everyone,
    I'm searching for any Informations about the unit.
    I would especially like informations about the Stab of this unit, its role during the occupation of Texel.
    Does anyone have Soldbücher, Documents, and so on that belonged to members of this unit ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Christoph

Here from tessin

Nordkaukas. Infanterie-Bataillon 803

1. Aufstellung:

* 4.12.1942 in Wesola/Generalgouvernement; Februar 1943 nach den Niederlanden (Texel) verlegt;
    wurde 19.4.1944 IV./Festungs-Grenadier-Regiment 86 der 347. Infanterie-Division; blieb bei
    Verlegung der Division August1944 in den Niederlanden (Festung Den Helder) unter der alten
    Bezeichnung zurück und erhielt im März 1945 die Tarnbezeichnung Grenadier-Regiment 493 der
    219. Infanterie-Division.

2. Ersatz:

186 Ansbach, WK XIII, und Nordkauk. Legion Wesola

Comment

Servus,
      vielen Dank für die Antwort.
      MFG
      Christoph

Comment

Texel

Dear Christoph

Friendly greetings from Leeds, UK. Hope all is well. You may remember me contacting you some years ago about the 822nd Georgia Infantry Battalon's service and mutiny on Texel in 1945? I am trawling old files / catching up and saw your message about the 803rd North Caucasian Battalion. Did you get any feedback from it? What sort of items did you receive? Any info you can share about 803's presence on Texel? Or about 822nd on Texel?

Besten..Alan Newark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X