Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldpost nr. help id

Hi guys,

Can someone help me identify which unit the fpnr. L39931 belnogs to? The date is 2/11/43.

Thanks beforehand.

Originally posted by Besian B.
    Hi guys,
    Can someone help me identify which unit the fpnr. L39931 belnogs to? The date is 2/11/43.
    Thanks beforehand.
    L 39931

It was 6.Kp./Luftgaunachrichten-Rgt. 8, and then between 08.09.42 and 11.03.43 it was renamed Flugmelde-Funk-Kp. z.b.V. 28.

In October 1942, 6.(Flugmelde-) Kp./Luftgau-Nachr.Rgt. 8 was located at Kastornoye/136 km east of Kursk. So the re-designation occurred shortly after that. In March and April 1943, Flugmelde-Funk-Kp. z.b.V. 28 was around Roslavl on the central sector of the Russian Front. In September 1943, in was ordered to the Balkans and deployed along the Dalmatian coast. On 24 January 1944 it is known to have had reporting posts at Tirana/Albania and Spilje/Yugoslavia. In was still in the Bosnia - Hercegovina area in early January 1945 and then moved to Hungary. On 1 March 1945, it was located in western Hungary under the Nachrichtenführer/I. Fliegerkorps. It is not mentioned after than date and probably withdrew into Austria in late March where it was disbanded during April.

--BHS1956

Comment

Thank you for all the detailed information, very much appreciated!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X