gebrigs feldgendarme ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gebrigs feldgendarme ?

Did the Gebirgs Truppen have their own feld police ?
    I have a shot of a guy with a visored cap with field police badge on the front, and their is also another badge on the side which is not clearly visible.
    I think it may be a gebirgs badge. Would this setup be feasible ?

Thanks for confirmation either way.

The Gebirgs divisionen had their own feldgendarmerie just as any other division. However you talk of a "visored cap with field police badge on the front, and their is also another badge on the side" are you not looking at a regular polizei badge? A feldgendarm can be recognised by the eagle in wreath arm badge and when on duty the gorget otherwise the cap was the same as the rest of the army's other than the orange waffenfarbe of course.

Now, if you're looking at one of the polizei's mountain units i can't off the top of my head say that they wore an edelweiss on the peaked cap.

If you could post the photo it would probably save a bit of confusion.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

The police mountain regiment did wear an Edelweiss on the side of their M43 caps, as did some police units in Norway and in the mountains of Austria and Germany.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X