Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't Peiper a Totenkopfring bearer?

Hello all,

I was browsing through the list of ring bearers (One Ring To Rule Them All) in the book ‘Der SS-Totenkopfring’ by mr. Klaus D. Patzwall.
    I was just searching some names which I expected to find, for instance that of Joachim Peiper.
    Much to my surprise Peiper’s name is not on the list.
    Does that simply mean he was never given the Totenkopfring or is the list not complete?
    (I carefully avoid the word ‘awarded’ as the book clearly mentions that the ring may not be considered as an award.)

Does anybody have a Dienstalterliste to confirm one or other?

The October '44 Dienstalterliste shows him having both the ring and the ehrendegen
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

Thank you very much for taking time to answer my question.
      So I guess the list in the book is not complete and I'll have to find me some Dienstalterliste next to the book.

Once again, thank you, I appreciate your help very much!

Best regards,

Martin

Comment

There are many, many names missing from that list in Patzwall's book.

Comment

Thank you for your answer!
          That makes some things clear for me.
          An incomplete list in the books and the Dienstalterliste only mentioned the officers...
          So I guess there is not a complete list around and there will always be a grey area when doing research on a ring?

How do you guys check if the engraved date of conferral in the ring is the correct date?
          I sure do not hope that’s in the Boyle book, I have got some difficulties with with the ‘buy it now’ price of a certain auction.
          Guess you know what I’m referring to...

Comment

Originally posted by martin3
            How do you guys check if the engraved date of conferral in the ring is the correct date?
            Nobody who can give me a clue on this?
            Or is it confidential information?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X